Idle restart message!

sid.

4 posts in this topic

Hey!

this is my first post here but have been lurking around for a while now. This forum has been a great deal of help to get my osx86 installation up and running.

My hardware:

Intel Core i7 950 (Not overclocked)

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0

3x2GB Corsair 1600MHz Triple Channel Memory

XFX HD5770 1GB

M-Audio Audiophile 192

All my hardware is detected and works properly.

Ok, now my problem:

I have 10.6.8 with Chimera v1.4.1 r877 from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

Whenever my computer is idle, I get these restart messages. As in I dont see the KP log on the screen in case of a KP but just the "Hold button to restart" message. It happens randomly and only when the computer is idle. I've never got the message while I was still working. As in I would leave the computer on at night only to find that message on the screen when i wake up. Now, I've tried a lot of fixes already but no use. I tried changing the DSDT.aml, using 32bit, disabling C-States in bios, changed HPET, tried uninstalling a few apps, tried booting from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] instead but still no use. I always get the message when the computer is idle and it happens after some time of inactivity.

I really cannot figure out the problem now. This affects the stability of the system cause everything else is perfect but I cant rely on the system to do something when am not there. For ex: If i leave the computer on with a transfer through Transmission going on then too I'l get the restart message after I stop using the computer for some time.

Please help me, I'm stumped! I really need to get this issue sorted out.

I did try booting with -v before posting but the panic was'nt quite clear. Anyways, I searched some more and found out that my LAN driver could be the issue. I was using the official driver from Realtek but today I switched to Lnx2Mac's Realtek81xx drivers. I've had mailtab and menu weatherlite running for about 5 hours today, usually I would get a KP (probably a bunch of em') but I did'nt. So am guessing the drivers could really be the issue. Tonite am gonna leave Transmission on with a transfer going on, I hope to see everything fine in the morning.

I report my findings tomorrow :D