A (better?) Firewall

Alessandro17

3 posts in this topic

Those of us who come from Microsoft Windows (the vast majority) know that Windows has good, free firewalls: Zone Alarm, Comodo...

The most known alternative for OS X is expensive and annoying,with its never ending pop-ups, and it seems never to learn.

I found a free alternative: TCPBlock.

http://tcpblock.wordpress.com/

It is very nice, all it needs is 5 minutes of your time to configure it. You have to white list the programs you want to have access to the internet. The program control panel will reside in System Preferences. There is also a list of connecting apps, so that you can decide if you want to grant them internet access or not.

Nice little gem. I have invited the developer to write here.

Those of us who come from Microsoft Windows (the vast majority) know that Windows has good, free firewalls: Zone Alarm, Comodo...

The most known alternative for OS X is expensive and annoying,with its never ending pop-ups, and it seems never to learn.

I found a free alternative: TCPBlock.

http://tcpblock.wordpress.com/

It is very nice, all it needs is 5 minutes of your time to configure it. You have to white list the programs you want to have access to the internet. The program control panel will reside in System Preferences. There is also a list of connecting apps, so that you can decide if you want to grant them internet access or not.

Nice little gem. I have invited the developer to write here.

Hi Alessandro17.

The perfect Application you are looking for is "Little Snitch". Rules the OSX world.

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :(

Hi Alessandro17.

The perfect Application you are looking for is "Little Snitch". Rules the OSX world.

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :ninja:

Freaky Chokra, as I said: "The most known alternative for OS X is expensive and annoying,with its never ending pop-ups, and it seems never to learn."

What do you think I had in mind?