No ethernet and display flickering after wake up

1 post in this topic

Hi all,

I have to say that I am a bit puzzled with this issue. Let me sum up my configuration first:

• Asus Rampage II Extreme
  • Core i7 920 @2.66 GHz (ie. no overclock)
  • nVidia GTX 295

Of course I am running a patched DSDT, that enables all the machine features and avoids me the use of too many additional kext. Until now I was happily running Snow Leopard, using Chameleon as boot loader and only FakeSMC as additional kext. The nVidia card is used over an EFI string that I inject in the com.apple.Boot.plist of Chameleon.

Now I have installed Lion, using exactly the same Chameleon configuration, and also the same DSDT. Everything runs fine, except that I have some troubles with sleep / wake-up. I mean, my computer gets to sleep and wakes up but, when it wakes up:

• I have no internet access anymore. The weird thing is that if I go in the 'System Preferences', everything looks fine (cable connected, IP address set etc...), but any application like Safari or Mail reports that it cannot connect to the Internet.
  • Also, I get some "artifacts" on the screen... I don't know how to call that, but it like some black rectangles appearing for 1/10 a sec sometimes, as if it was some refresh bugs... I have tried the EFI injection, and NVEnabler for my graphics card, but on both, I get this stuff... and it only appears once the computer has slept and has been woken up.

(I also have to wait until the machine is really asleep - ie. all fans off - to try to wake up, otherwise it blocks with a black screen, and I have to use the famous reset-button... This was also the case with Snow Leopard, but if anyone has a clue where it is coming from, I would be more than happy to fix it also.)