Different Guide to install Lion + Triple Boot

aufa333

29 posts in this topic

Ok, got stuck... I think. FYI - I have Snow Leopard 10.6.6i running on this machine already.

Followed the guide, had the USB Flash Drive prepared. Reboot and changed boot drive to USB. Reboot and the bios hangs at the memory test and goes no further.

I removed the usb flash drive, and left the bios as is and the machine boots fine.

I then figured I made a mistake somewhere in the instructions, and did the process over again, and had the same results.

I then wiped the USB stick and tested it and it passes all tests.

Any ideas?

Also, just out of curiosity, I tried to install Lion just double clicking to install, and it says that my system processor is not a dual core.

Thanks

System info:

Intel E8400 dual core @ 3.0Ghz

Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 Rev3

4Gb Kingston Hyper-X 1066

ATI HD4870 1Gb Ram (still showing with 512Mb of Ram in Snow Leopard)

Onboard Sound

Sony DvdRw

Ok, got stuck... I think. FYI - I have Snow Leopard 10.6.6i running on this machine already.

Followed the guide, had the USB Flash Drive prepared. Reboot and changed boot drive to USB. Reboot and the bios hangs at the memory test and goes no further.

I removed the usb flash drive, and left the bios as is and the machine boots fine.

I then figured I made a mistake somewhere in the instructions, and did the process over again, and had the same results.

I then wiped the USB stick and tested it and it passes all tests.

Any ideas?

Also, just out of curiosity, I tried to install Lion just double clicking to install, and it says that my system processor is not a dual core.

Thanks

System info:

Intel E8400 dual core @ 3.0Ghz

Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 Rev3

4Gb Kingston Hyper-X 1066

ATI HD4870 1Gb Ram (still showing with 512Mb of Ram in Snow Leopard)

Onboard Sound

Sony DvdRw

okey lets start,

1st.try to update ur bios version ,sometimes the old bios dont recognize the GUID table.

http://ee.gigabyte.com/products/page/mb/ga...3/download/bios

2nd.for the gpu detection on SL ,here i attached the kext i use + graphicsenabler=y in boot.plist.

3rd.what does it shows in ur SL about this mac & what SL version u use ,if its disto 'sorry ,i cant help u as i use the retail version' + do u have a file call smbios in ur Extra folder ?

4th.i use the same rams u have ,make sure u have the rams in dual channel 'same color banks' or it may fail.

ATY_Init.kext.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...