CrossOver Mac - BETA!

43 posts in this topic

alot of the software i use under windoz need .Framework. I cant run some of the app I really do care about. Acid 6 for audio and GTA San Andreas.. the only reason i have an xp partition.

Well, I finally got Half-Life 2 installed and running on the beta. It doesn't like high resolution, but otherwise runs just as fast as native, or at least no noticeably different. I'm not someone who measures frame rates, but my pulse was just as fast as playing it when booted up with boot camp. The other apps I needed -- Outlook, Visio, photoshop, firefox, ie -- all work just fine. The one thing I can't get working yet is Quickbooks Pro.

Yeah I know, silly to run Photoshop in Crossover, but PS 7 under Crossover is WAY FASTER than CS2 on Rosetta. Once it's out in universal, we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
trying HL2 now. Gotta d/l it through steam first.

I'm pumped that those of us that were in the private beta get a free copy of the final release! booyah!

How do you know we are getting a free copy. I was a private tester.

all I cared really was the media player and streaming media.

they work. oh and winamp too. I just like winamp :)

here it is.. media player 6.4 with dixv codes installed

EDIT: oh by the way MSN messenger 7.5 works under win98 bottle. However it is extremely slow. not really usable.

post-11488-1159466180_thumb.jpg post-11488-1159466693_thumb.jpg

I'm using it. Its fixed quite a few glitches I was having with Lotus Domino Designer - I've given it a good going over for the last two hours and its not fallen over once (Which is ironic, since safari barfed three times in the same period).

It looks like there have been some cosmetic changes to the X11 fonts, and the bottle management is better in the XP bottles but most of the improvements seem to be speedwise. I'm seeing a serious speed up in the time to load for a lot of apps - Office in particular. 10 seconds to load Excel and susequent loads take just 5 seconds.

I'm liking this release a lot. Robust....

//R