100% Fix for App Store Problems

badaxe2

11 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

I still can't seem to get the app store to work. I have searched the internet high and low and tried many different things and the App Store still give me the error, "Your device or computer could not be verified." It's driving me nuts! Has anyone else had the standard advice fail only to find some fix?

-Vic

System: Core i3, Gigabyte H55-USB3, Nvidia 7300 GT (Apple OEM), 4 GB ram, running OSX 10.6.8.

Ok, I tried this method and it's not a 100% fix as it didnt work. Sorry.

The fix that worked on two machines now for me is as follows.

Download EFI Studio 1.1. Run the app and Select Ethernet or Network Card (I can't remember which comes up).

Add the device. Click to Generate hex code. Copy the hex code to com.apple.boot.plist (there's a button to do that).

This copies the hex to your apple plist in Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist.

Open this plist file using Plist Editor Pro (free download) and cut this new hex text from the plist and paste it into your com.apple.boot.plist in your /*harddrive*/Extra folder. Then add

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>yes</string>

<key>PCIRootUID</key>

<string>0</string>

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>hex from the com.apple.boot.plist you just copied</string>

make sure you've got p states and c states in there too

mmm,

I still can't get my setup working for the App Store.

X58A-UD7

2 x GTX480s

I originally used Kakewalk to install a clean OS X Lion onto an SSD. (which worked a treat!)

here is the relevant part of boot.plist file atm:

<dict>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,2)</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>
<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>hd(2,2)</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>2e090000 (cropped for post: string for my 2 GTX480s to be recognised: which is working)</string>
<string>4b000000 (cropped for post: string for ethernet)</string>
</dict>

Kakewalk used Ethernet Built-in by default, which didn't work, so I've used the Hex code device-property method using Chameleon Wizard.

I also had:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>

present just above the device-properties key, no luck with that either.

Anyone else got a UD7 with Lion and can successfully access the App Store?

all your EFI strings need to be on ONE hex string, not two

make a plist for both and translate to hex

Hi Noam AA,

I thought this might be the case.

If I do have to combine them, then I'm a tad lost on what "other" strings/properties I would need to provide for the nic, before dumping out to hex with my GTX480s...

or is this enough:

<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
	<dict>
	<key>built-in</key>
	<string>0x01</string>
	</dict>
</dict>

Also, I have no "p" or "c" states present. I never ever sleep this rig, so I'm assuming I won't need them?

So. Just to be clear in my head:

1. I currently have an "in.plist" file containing my schema for my 2 GTX480s on the desktop with gfxutil binary.
  2. I add the above schema code to this in.plist file
  3. I execute
    cd ~/Desktop; ./gfxutil -i xml -o hex in.plist out.hex

in Terminal.app

4. Copy contents of out.hex and paste back into my org.chameleon.Boot.plist file in /Extra.

Restart and then cross fingers, do a jig, sit uncomfortably weird and wait... :)

Do I still need to use any of the following just above the <key>device-properties</key> line?:

<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1 or 0 ?</string>

or:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>

I'm uncertain because Kakewalk.app added

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>

and I don't know if this will cause havoc or whether the above are even related for that matter... (I can't find much on what npci=0x2000 actually does)

and again, I don't need the "c" and "p" hairbears if I never wish to sleep (or cycle down cpu) ?

Now, if I really wanted to be tricky and include the second nic as well, would I just repeat the gfxutil step while using the 2nd nic? and include this in the in.plist file before hex dumping it?

Would I also have to change the line: <string>0x01</string> to <string>0x02</string> for the second nic? or will this present itself correctly when I use EFIStudio the second time?

UPDATE:

I just swapped the ethernet cable to the 2nd nic and gfsutil gives the same output? huh?

yeh$ ./gfxutil -f ethernet
DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

(swap over ethernet cable to other nic on back of PC, wait for nic to come up...)

yeh$ ./gfxutil -f ethernet
DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
yeh$

(kind've not what I expected... can anyone elaborate on this?)

Thank you for your advice on this Noam AA, I'm still fairly fresh on this kind of stuff...

Well,

Having performed the above (less the 2nd nic bit), I Restarted, crossed fingers and did a jig, then sat uncomfortably weird and waited... [cricket noise goes here]

She didn't KP! phew... so now let's load up the app store and see what happens...

she's working, it's working!

So I quit App store, swapped ethernet over to the 2nd nic...

she's working, it's working!

So, gfxutil's output for ethernet must be a global attribute, and not per device.

thanx all for this thread! made my day!

Update!!! FaceTime is now working.

The problem was I have an EMU 0404 sound card using the KXaudio.kext and didn't have my onboard sound Sigmatel STAC927D4 turned on in the BIOS. I then enabled this onboard sound in the BIOS and used the VoodooHDA.kext to enable it to use in Lion.

Now I can have onboard sound for FaceTime and use my EMU 0404 for Logicpro.

Now FaceTime works 100%. Just incase anyone has the same problems. FaceTime in Lion needs to use onboard sound.