Sound not functioning on GA-EP35-DS3L 10.7 Lion

spookd

5 posts in this topic

I've gotten Lion up and running on my GA-EP35-DS3L with a Core2 Quad Q6600. Everything is functional except for audio.

Ive tried patching the AppleHDA.kext and adding in the ALC888HDA.kext into Extras/Extensions.

I've tried every version of VoodooHDA that shows as compatible.

I clear caches every reboot, still no Audio.

The OSX86 wiki shows the board as working using the realtek888 kext. however I cannot seem to find that kext directly, it is usually bundled within something else and none of them seem to work.

I have searched the forums as best as I can, but it only shows different Gigabyte boards that use other kexts.

Any thoughts or advice would be appriciated.

• 4 years later...

I've gotten Lion up and running on my GA-EP35-DS3L with a Core2 Quad Q6600. Everything is functional except for audio.

Ive tried patching the AppleHDA.kext and adding in the ALC888HDA.kext into Extras/Extensions.

I've tried every version of VoodooHDA that shows as compatible.

I clear caches every reboot, still no Audio.

The OSX86 wiki shows the board as working using the realtek888 kext. however I cannot seem to find that kext directly, it is usually bundled within something else and none of them seem to work.

I have searched the forums as best as I can, but it only shows different Gigabyte boards that use other kexts.

Any thoughts or advice would be appriciated.

I've got the same board and chip as you. I've got Yosemite 10.10.5 on mine with clover bootloader. The only issues im having is my sleep/wake don't work properly. It goes to sleep but won't wake up without me pressing the power button. And it doesn't shut down either, i have to physically shut it down. I've tested the commands in terminal to see if my powermanagement is working and it doesn't so that's my issue. Any input?