Where is the com.apple.boot.plist in Lion?

jmknapp80

3 posts in this topic

Please excuse my noobness, but I have Lion installed and running on a GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L. I've been searching for the past day or so, but I can't find any info on the com.apple.boot.plist. From what I read, this file contains startup settings and whatnot, but I can't locate this file anywhere in Lion. Is this a file I need to put in place, or is it initially hidden? From what I read, this file should be in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist, but I do not have a Preferences folder. Do I need to create this folder structure? Thanks in advance for any insight.

No.

Though /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist Must be there (And i most certain you just didn't look in the right place)

There is NO connection between this com.apple.boot.plist to the one YOU need

first, as i am saying to lot of new members here, please READ, all those question been answered too many times not just in LION section of insanelymac, open your mind a bit

Because you don't have a REAL mac, there is a specific boot loaders for osx (you probably know chameleon, chimera, pcefi etc..), they all talk with folder called EXTRA in the ROOT of your osx partition,

depends on the way you installed your boot loader the extra folder will be there only with package, if manual install then of course you need to manually create this folder and it's content

BTW, Chameleon has just changed com.apple to org.chameleon in order to cause less confusion i guess. note that on newer versions probably only org.chameleon.boot.plist will take effect