Lion VoodooHDA Kext loads but no sound? NTFS Issues also?

gotmilk70

3 posts in this topic

I upgraded from Snow Leopard 10.6.8 to Lion Retail 10.7.0, and for the most part a lot of things work. The things that do not, I was wondering if anyone here in this fine community can grant me some help. I installed one version at a time VoodooHDA from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], removing the kext and reinstalling it while repairing permissions every time. The Kext loads, but there is no audio. It does not show the audio hardware that is proper in the sound preference pane. When opening the voodoohda pane, it spits an error that says Wrong channels 0, 24 or something like that.

NTFS-#G spits out an error i never had before with 10.6.8, as shown in the attached pic. The Funny thing is, even with that error, it still mounts the drives. I have no idea why It would spit that error. :/ For some reason my Mac Pro Does not like booting in 64-bit also. If anyone can please help make this MAc a perfect one, i will greatly thank you! If you need any of my files, let me know!

Edit: Got it to boot to 64-bit, just had to set the flag on the Chameleon PrefPane and install MacFuse 2.1.7 to get NTFS-3G to mount my drives again. I am still having the same errors as before though. :/

post-172110-1311574214_thumb.jpg

Hi i got the same problem as yours when I install Tuxera NTFS.

The popups are very irritating but writing to NTFS partition works.

Then other strange symptoms came out after I installed Tuxera NTFS. Sometimes during boot, I got KP related to IOHID kext or PCI HDA audio (VoodooHDA?) or Airport Extreme. Sometimes it just KP when I shutdown Lion.

So I leave Lion without NTFS writing support and it never had any problem so far.