• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

shizta

shizta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hi everyone. I have been trying to install Snow Leo onto my NC10 but always got stuck at one point. I'd like to leave the already installed Win 7 on its partition and install OS X to another partition. The installer refuses to install to that partition though, even after formatting it with disk utility and setting it to active and primary in partition manager. Am I using the wrong DVD (OS X 10.6.2 retail) or is it impossible to go that way without formatting the entire HD?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

3.14r2

3.14r2

The Round One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

The installer refuses to install to that partition though, even after formatting it with disk utility and setting it to active and primary in partition manager.

The Retail OS X installer (the unpatched one) WILL NOT LET YOU USE MBR DISK to install OS X to it. OS X need to be installed to GPT disk.

Either use a patched DVD (distro) or other available solutions. Google for more.

shizta

shizta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

The Retail OS X installer (the unpatched one) WILL NOT LET YOU USE MBR DISK to install OS X to it. OS X need to be installed to GPT disk.

Either use a patched DVD (distro) or other available solutions. Google for more.

thank you. that is the exact info I needed. Will go the distro way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy