Lion and software RAID and Chameleon..partially working

vboyz

3 posts in this topic

So I got Lion to installed on my software RAID. I read some other threads on here and figured out that I have to move ALL kext in /Extra into /S/L/E and make Extensions.mkext (along side with kernelcache) and put it into the com.apple.boot.X/S/L/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup (where X is a letter that Lion generated automatically). It worked, but the freaking annoying thing is every time I reboot or adding another kext to /S/L/E. Lion will ensure that the kext cache is recent by generating a new kernelcache file. The problem with that is every time it does that, it wiped out the old com.apple.boot.X folder which my Extensions.mkext is there. As the result, upon reboot, Chameleon couldn't find my Extensions.mkext and kernel panic, then I have to reboot using USB to generate the mkext.

Any ideas on how to make this work permanently?

I used the Chameleon RC5 May 2011 branch...I also tried latest July 11 branch but doesn't seem to work...my install hung at boot where it about to go into GUI.

Hi vboyz,

There is a good script (tutorial) by digital_dreamer on installing RAID for lion.

Here is the link(digital_dreamers)

Good luck and let us know how it works!

Hey thanks for the link Julius. Yeah, I ran into that thread too, but decided not to use it because I like to see things that are going on myself...seems like the script has too many components and being automated.