My xbox 360 review.

5 posts in this topic

So, me like many consumers have wanted a macbook/macmini, but have been put off by the intel 950 graphics.

The advice on this forum was buy a console they stay much much more cutting edge for longer.

Well im here to tell you that that advice is not far from the truth.

The Xbox 360 has good selling points:

HD Gaming

Halo 3

Fast processor speed.

Cutting edge design

functionality.

online gaming

And it has its bad points:

Cheaters.

No HD-DVD

Sometimes does not have Pc specific games

You cant really play lotr bfme 2 on the 360 so no RTS games

Overheating

Faulty headsets.

But overall I have had mine for about 2 weeks now and they are really, really something.

The games never fail to entertain and amaze me, and the online marketplace feature is innovative and useful.

Xbox live arcade keeps you entertained when you just want to sit down and play a less complicated game.

And some essential games for the 360 are:

Oblivion

Dead Rising

Fable 2 (when it comes out)

G.R.A.W

Well i hope this has swayed your opinion.

Well look at it this way

No HD DVD gives people the option to waste $200 for an HD drive that will fail. unlike with the PS3 (which I believe is bound to fail)

From what I have heard, Xbox 360 is the hardest system to mod to date, so cheating = hard, hard = less cheating.

I heard that they are going to fix the cooling problem by using new chips in the future.

Voice chat with a crappy headset (which I be to differ) is better than none

I'm all for the wii... I guess I might be a nintendo fanboy, but I can't help it... The wii's controler would be cool to play games on, and a alot of the games that are going to come out for the wii look insanely awesome.

The PS3 I think will cost too much for it to be mainstream. The Xbox360 is just the Xbox with purtty graphics... Yet there is nothing new to gameplay.

I don't need the best looking games. I want to play games that are just fun.

I'm all for the wii... I guess I might be a nintendo fanboy, but I can't help it... The wii's controler would be cool to play games on, and a alot of the games that are going to come out for the wii look insanely awesome.

The PS3 I think will cost too much for it to be mainstream. The Xbox360 is just the Xbox with purtty graphics... Yet there is nothing new to gameplay.

I don't need the best looking games. I want to play games that are just fun.

the wii will be different. im gonna buy one as well.

i have a 360. i dont play it, but my brother does. i can handle having a controller in my hands for fps, and i talk to my friends while i play. i dislike console gaming but i think the wii can be amazing if it is pulled off right.