Install stops at PCI Configuration

cossack56

12 posts in this topic

I am trying to install Lion on a Abit IP35 Pro. I have 4 drives-1 Win7, 2 Gentoo Linux, 3 Snow Leop, and trying to install on 4th drive. Followed all instructions to a "T", booted into Installer partition, everything starts to load but stops at "PCI Configuration". I had the same problem after install of 10.6.8 update and replaced 2 kexts to repair. Will I have to replace same kexts to continue install here also?

The 2 kexts were AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily.

I am trying to install Lion on a Abit IP35 Pro. I have 4 drives-1 Win7, 2 Gentoo Linux, 3 Snow Leop, and trying to install on 4th drive. Followed all instructions to a "T", booted into Installer partition, everything starts to load but stops at "PCI Configuration". I had the same problem after install of 10.6.8 update and replaced 2 kexts to repair. Will I have to replace same kexts to continue install here also?

This was supposed to post to "Lion install on MBR" section, sorry

This was supposed to post to "Lion install on MBR" section, sorry

Remove any DSDT, and move the kexts to somewhere else.

Remove any DSDT, and move the kexts to somewhere else.

Thanks, I don't have a DSDT because DSDT Patcher throws errors on my MB so I can't use it. I copied the 2 kexts to the Installer partion and now it gets past that but hangs at BootCache.playlist and then KP's. So I am getting farther.

Use the original kexts from Lion, add npci=0x2000 to the kernel flags and detach any and all USB hubs or devices other than the mouse/keyboard and the usb pen you're installing from (if you are).

Use the original kexts from Lion, add npci=0x2000 to the kernel flags and detach any and all USB hubs or devices other than the mouse/keyboard and the usb pen you're installing from (if you are).

Solved it with Netkas boot file from another poster. Thanks

You can mark this solved!!

i have tried to get my abit ip35 running lion for the past 2 weeks and cannot get passed the pci configuration begin. can you post a how-to or guide on what method you used. thanks

I used a separate hard drive in tandem with my Snow Lep install. I used the usb guide with MBR and instead of using a USB key I used my second HD. One thing that is different on my rig is that I Quad Boot using LILO-(Linux Loader) so I must use a MBR install. After following the instructions for the USB-MBR install, I did everything except install Chameleon. I used the PC-EFI boot as I've talked about above. Then I booted using "-v npci=0x2000" as my parameters. That bootloader is the only one that will boot Lion on my rig. I tried for 3 days straight to get it to work, got pissed quit, came back and finally got it to install, then I had problems with video-(NVIDIA GTS-450) and was able to fix that with a EXTRA folder with the nvenabler kext, ElliotForceLegacyRTC kext, FakeSMC kext, and EvOreboot kext. I also use a Intel 1 gig NIC so I had to use the kext for that also. I am not using any DSDT file.

I hope that helps you some.