Strugglin with Nvidia 9800GT 512mb

thelini

10 posts in this topic

I have successfully installed Lion.

I am however struggling with the drivers for my 9800gt which works great in snow leopard.

Is there an easy way to take and use the drivers from my snow leopard install and use them on Lion or does anybody know of a working driver pack.

I've tried about 5 or 6 different driver sets.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yes that was set..

I sorted it, must have had a few left over kexts from previous attempts..

I did a clean install and used the files i had backed up for snow leopard.

All working very nice indeed now.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes that was set..

I sorted it, must have had a few left over kexts from previous attempts..

I did a clean install and used the files i had backed up for snow leopard.

All working very nice indeed now.

Could you please upload your backed up kexts? I'm still having trouble trying to get CI/QE working on my 9800GT 1GB dual DVI.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I own and 9800GT too and it works nice on Lion.

Using the right version of Chameleon and adding PciRoot=1 into boot.plist worked fine.

What I just don't get to work till 10.6.1 is the HDMI outs of my GFX.

Tried including NVEnabler from Kazubru and nothing.

Cheers,

bb.

Hey, I having the Asus 9800GT 512MB as well, it works great on Snow Leopard and on Lion (both clean install or installed over Snow Leopard), though I'm back in Snow Leopard now due to unable to get bootloader works.

I'm using NVEnabler, not sure version or where I got it from, I get it last time when I installing Leopard. You might want to try it.

NVEnabler_64.kext.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have same problem, 9800GT works great on Snow Leopard, but after upgrade to Lion I got problem with it.

Memory size only show 3 MB, trying GraphicsEnabler, EFI, NVInject, DSDT Inject all not working at all.

Now my Lion work well without QE/CI...

I have same problem, 9800GT works great on Snow Leopard, but after upgrade to Lion I got problem with it.

Memory size only show 3 MB, trying GraphicsEnabler, EFI, NVInject, DSDT Inject all not working at all.

@kendokar.

It works OOTB since Leopard. Just list your Brand, model no. and what output ports (HDMI/DVI/VGA) it has, and you have plugged your monitor in to which port?

Send me your DSDT file. And get your rig specs in the signature. It helps (and is needed by gurus) big time!

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :)

I use the same card with Lion and just found out how to enable QE/CI. Go to your system preferences and uncheck "show desktop as a space" in Mission Control and voila . Go to dashboard, add a widget and start enjoying the ripple effects again - as proof of your QE/CI.

I have successfully installed Lion.

I am however struggling with the drivers for my 9800gt which works great in snow leopard.

Is there an easy way to take and use the drivers from my snow leopard install and use them on Lion or does anybody know of a working driver pack.

I've tried about 5 or 6 different driver sets.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

open this : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=267899