Help Needed, stuck on Lion install boot.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

kdawg

kdawg

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 508 posts

How did it work? Could you please explain the procedure in depth... I'm trying to install Lion and get stuck on this screen ... It never goes anywhere from there:

After using the PC-EFI 10.6 installer did you replace the boot file with the Lion compatible version?

It Worked! I booted the install with it, installed the Lion and it's working. Thank you!

Because with PC-EFi I can't make the GraphicsEnabler to work properly, I tried to Boot it with newest Chameleon RC5 that I use for SL. But boot up, stalled, just in different place then installer :D.

Also Sound not working at all, will try to find a solution. Just copied AppleHDA.kext from SL and it work.

Depending on your GFX card I would try to use DSDT to enable graphics.

macist

macist

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

It Worked! I booted the install with it, installed the Lion and it's working. Thank you!

Because with PC-EFi I can't make the GraphicsEnabler to work properly, I tried to Boot it with newest Chameleon RC5 that I use for SL. But boot up, stalled, just in different place then installer :).

Also Sound not working at all, will try to find a solution. Just copied AppleHDA.kext from SL and it work.

I'm having the exact same issue with my MSI P35 Platinum + E5300 combination.

I've tried different methods to create a bootable usb installer [even with myhack 2 beta 1 with new chameleon] however no matter what got the same with you.

So what did you do exactly after downloading the boot file ? Could you give a step by step instruction ?

Maybe it can help me too to boot & successfully start the installer.

Thx in advance.

KonstantinosNks

KonstantinosNks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

I was able to get past this hurdle. I had to use Netkas's PCEFI for Lion.
Use the 10.6 installer from here.
Then swap out the boot file from here.

Very kludge but it works. Not sure why people have been hanging at this particular spot. To avoid the long kext loading process add Usekernelcache=Yes to your apple.com.boot.plist then move all your kexts out of E/E and into S/L/E and rebuild with the latest Kext Wizard or Kext Utility.

Good Luck. My Lion install works as good as 10.6.8.

Thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Working!!!!
I dont know why but is the only way to boot lion!

With chameleon latest svn the boot freeze in Bug : launchctl.c:2408
With Chameleon+Chimera the boot freeze in Waiting for DSMOS.... (DSMON never arrived)
With older Chameleon Version KernelPanic!

Working on lion (for now): Sound, Graphics, Wifi (Atheros AR5442?)!
NotWorking: Ethernet, Sleep, Wifi (RTL8187L) --> I dont give time for that :)

My System:
Mobo: MSI P35 NEO2
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon 5770 1bg
CPU: Core2Duo @ 3.0ghz

therhymer

therhymer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
this doesn't work for me.

no change at all. It stops at the same Unable to open Bootcache etc etc

is there an issue with installing PC EFI over the latest chameleon r1700?

do i have to change permissions on the boot file?

GIGABYTE GA-EG41MFT-US2H

tomaszo2

tomaszo2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I have the same problem on Asus P5Q deluxe. At startup in verbose, I get the message: "BootCacheControl unable to open /var/...."
I´m running 10.6/10.7, now 10.8 since 3 years without major problems. But now in 10.8.2 my keyboard and mouse are dead at startup, when I reach the screen where to prompt my password. No chance to get any further. (Luckily I have a second hd with 10.6 to repair the system)
It all began when my SSD Vertex 60GB died last week after 8 months of use. My user-folder was placed on another hd. I bought a "normal" 1,5TB hd and installed the whole system again, restoring my user- folder from Time-Machine backup. First, everything ran fine, then....... keyboard and mouse started to make trouble.
Perhaps this is a hint where the problem comes from: I noticed that every time I started up, on my "old" 1TB, where my user-folder previously existed, a new system-folder with Library/Caches was created. I threw it into the trash several times. I disconnected this hd and now - I think - at startup the system is looking for the caches on the wrong place, on my disconnected hd.
Can I change the path to the "real" system/library/caches- folder somewhere?

kocoman

kocoman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
Does anyone still have the netkas lion booter and can upload it elsewhere for mirroring?

http://netkas.org/?p=745

I go to above, but the link times out

thanks

edit: I tried to use internet archive for the file,

curl -o boot http://web.archive.o...s.org/Lion/boot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy