Installer refuses to boot from USB HDD

Chemicalrubber

3 posts in this topic

Ciao,

I have placed the base install dmg from the GM app onto a HFS+ partition in a GUID USB HDD using a number of ways: restoring to partition, installing Chameleon and copying over dsdt and kext files; using the 'mkboot' script from tseug's guide; using Kakewalk; but my computer (Acer Aspire 4750g) never boots off the USB drive.

I have also tried burning [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and Hackboot onto CDs and they boot fine, but they are unable to boot the USB drive install partition thereafter.

Is there any fix (or other ways to install via DVD)? If so, help would be greatly appreciated!

Ciao,

I have placed the base install dmg from the GM app onto a HFS+ partition in a GUID USB HDD using a number of ways: restoring to partition, installing Chameleon and copying over dsdt and kext files; using the 'mkboot' script from tseug's guide; using Kakewalk; but my computer (Acer Aspire 4750g) never boots off the USB drive.

I have also tried burning [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and Hackboot onto CDs and they boot fine, but they are unable to boot the USB drive install partition thereafter.

Is there any fix (or other ways to install via DVD)? If so, help would be greatly appreciated!

Have you removed the package link in /System/Installation/ On your restored Mac os x base system?

Have you copied the package folder from the mounted installESD.dmg?

If not , do this then say if it's okey or it gave you an error , thank's.

Ciao,

Have you removed the package link in /System/Installation/ On your restored Mac os x base system?

Yes, I have removed the packages link and copied the right packages over.

To clarify I am unable to boot the base system for installation at all and it boots straight to Windows on the internal HDD.