Which install method to choose for my Gigabyte Board?

naplo

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I want to install OSX Lion 10.7 on a clean 500GB Samsung HDD. My System components are:

CPU: Intel E7200

Graphic: Nvidia 8600 GT

Mainboard: Gigabyte EP35-DS3

RAM: 4GB OCZ DDR1066

Do you already know if my hardware is compatible with the retail version of 10.7? Will I need any fixes? And what is the best way of installing OSX? I thought about getting the bootable .dmg and burn it on a DVD.

I hope you can give me some advice. Thanks a lot!

Hi,

I want to install OSX Lion 10.7 on a clean 500GB Samsung HDD. My System components are:

CPU: Intel E7200

Graphic: Nvidia 8600 GT

Mainboard: Gigabyte EP35-DS3

RAM: 4GB OCZ DDR1066

Do you already know if my hardware is compatible with the retail version of 10.7? Will I need any fixes? And what is the best way of installing OSX? I thought about getting the bootable .dmg and burn it on a DVD.

I hope you can give me some advice. Thanks a lot!

Well, first off, I think your hardware is very compatible. I'm not 100% positive, but pretty sure you can install. And I think you should use a USB to install. It's much much faster. There are countless guides out there. Good Luck!

I just tried to install OSX. The USB Boot worked fine. I could choose to boot from USB or any of my NTFS partitions on my HDD in Camelion Bootloader. I choose the installer from the USB but during the install the NTFS partitions from my Windows HDD are not recognised. Do I have to format the differently? How am I supposed to do that if I dont have an OSX PC here?