LION: TRENDnet TEG-PCITXR support disappears from IONetworkingFamily.kext

skogm

3 posts in this topic

Well, I just got back from San Fran after BOTH my flights were canceled and I spent 10 hours in the airport waiting for the redeye (FU United!). So..I got no sleep and of course I had to install Lion when I got home. I ruined my 10.6.6 install by installing xmove to it...so I restored from CC backup, took a nap and tried again. SUCCESS!!! I have a gigabyte g31m-es2l with a TRENDnet TEG-PCITXR and a home built Airport card.

Everything looked great (thanks Tony Mac) except I got the dreaded device could not be verified error in the app store. I started troubleshooting and noticed that my TRENDnet TEG-PCITXR card disappeared. I hadn't noticed it at first because I did the upgrade via wireless. Anyways, after much comparing (2 hours) I noticed that the 10.6.6 IONetworkingFamily.kext had the Realtek8169.kext in the plugin folder and the 10.7 one DID NOT.

I removed the Airport card (my plan is for this to be a server anyways) fired up [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and installed the official Realtek drivers into IONetworkingFamily.kext, rebuilt the cache and repaired permissions and rebooted. SUCCESS!!!! It appears I have a fully stable LION install and the app store works (probably because it was the NIC card I originally used with app).

-Mike

I'm using the official Realtek drivers and I'm having kernel panics when torrenting. I've done a lot of testing and I'm fairly certain it's the network drivers causing this.

Have you had this problem while using the official Realtek drivers?

Well, I just got back from San Fran after BOTH my flights were canceled and I spent 10 hours in the airport waiting for the redeye (FU United!). So..I got no sleep and of course I had to install Lion when I got home. I ruined my 10.6.6 install by installing xmove to it...so I restored from CC backup, took a nap and tried again. SUCCESS!!! I have a gigabyte g31m-es2l with a TRENDnet TEG-PCITXR and a home built Airport card.

Everything looked great (thanks Tony Mac) except I got the dreaded device could not be verified error in the app store. I started troubleshooting and noticed that my TRENDnet TEG-PCITXR card disappeared. I hadn't noticed it at first because I did the upgrade via wireless. Anyways, after much comparing (2 hours) I noticed that the 10.6.6 IONetworkingFamily.kext had the Realtek8169.kext in the plugin folder and the 10.7 one DID NOT.

I removed the Airport card (my plan is for this to be a server anyways) fired up [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and installed the official Realtek drivers into IONetworkingFamily.kext, rebuilt the cache and repaired permissions and rebooted. SUCCESS!!!! It appears I have a fully stable LION install and the app store works (probably because it was the NIC card I originally used with app).

-Mike

What did you do to get apps store to work? I have a g41m-es2l and a TEG-PCITXR. I have tried the onboard LAN and TEG-PCITXR but neither worked with apps store. Thanks.