ATI 5870 working with lion?

Safinn

6 posts in this topic

I'm having trouble getting mine to work with OpenGL acceleration. At first boot everything seemed to be fine, then I installed Andy's P8P67 package and at next boot I had single-display low resolution graphics. System Info didn't recognize the card. I then turned on GraphicsEnabler and rebooted, at this point boot failed completely. Rebooting again with GraphicsEnabler=No brought me back to the low-resolution desktop.

At this point I realised that the ATI kexts in S/L/E were actually empty, they only had a single 4KB binary file in them and nothing else. I copied the kexts from the Lion installer into S/L/E and rebooted with GE=Yes, and the Zonalis framebuffer selected. This essentially got me back to my pre-Lion state, just without OpenGL acceleration. Booting without any framebuffer selected results in Hoolock or one of the others being selected by default, again without acceleration. Similarly, booting without GraphicsEnabler results in no acceleration.

I'm looking into enabling triple-monitor support for my rig by editing the framebuffer personalities in ATI5000Controller but I had no idea how to solve the lack of OpenGL acceleration. I had thought that Lion fully supported the 5870 and more powerful cards right out of the box but as far as I can tell, we're pretty much at Snow Leopard levels of support right now.

I have the correct resolution, and the system recognises that I have an ATI 5000. I have to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No or else I cannot boot.

Want to be able to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and have the full potential of my graphics card.

Has anybody got a 5870 working on lion?

That should be no-brainer. 5870 is recognized by the Mac Lion no need to configure anything. Succeeded with Sapphire and genuine Apple 5870 cards. The only issue I had was with Sapphire Vapor-X and Apple Cinema Display connected on MDP. Everything else works OOB.

I do have the ripple effect when adding a widget to the dashboard. In lion you must go into system preferences>mission control and uncheck the first checkbox.

My problem is that when I boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes the background (wallpaper) loads up but no dock or bar at the top appears...

I have an Asus 5870.

Any help?

Normal I boot with GraphicsEnabler=No and there was standing by the system-info Radeon 5000

But after reading this topic i try to set it on GraphicsEnabler=Yes and it works, now is see by my system-info:

ATI Radeon HD 5870:

Chipsetmodel: ATI Radeon HD 5870

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Breedte PCIe-baan: x16

VRAM (totaal): 1024 MB

Fabrikant: ATI (0x1002)

Apparaatcode: 0x6898

Revisiecode: 0x0000

Beeldschermen:

SAMSUNG:

Resolutie: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz