[Issue] Lion Stuck on [PCI configuration begin]

eigen

6 posts in this topic

I'm trying to install a (legal) copy Lion of on my machine.

I purchased and downloaded it from the MAS and used Kakewalk to create a bootable USB.

Everything goes well until it switches to a black screen with some text and hangs on

[PCI configuration begin]

I have read that it might be something to do with my video card. Has anyone else had this problem or found a solution/workaround?

Thanks!

There's nothing wrong, repeat, there's nothing wrong when it ends with "PCI configuration begin"(that is how it is with this new Chamelion boot/OS X Lion); just watch your HD disk activity LED as it continues to boot. IF there is no HD disk activity LED lit through the boot process then the installation was not successful. Normally, you'll see the offending kexts and debug display (in verbose mode -v) before it even begins with the "PCS configuration begin" display. "PCI configuration begin" means you have the first stage of the boot process.

I don't have an LED activity indicator for those devices, but I can't even boot to the installer so there wasn't an "installation" to begin with, sorry if I wasn't clear. I just boot into the USB and it hangs from there, as in I don't even reach the 10.7 installer.