• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
Has anyone tried the SL builds of VoodooHDA in Lion yet? I'm going to give it a shot shortly to get my X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty running but was wondering if anyone else had attempted it yet.

T.B.B.

T.B.B.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
yeah I'm using it right now with a X-Fi card. Only one audio port is available so far.

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Apple Software, iOS , OSX86, Creativity and a lot of non-tech stuff.
at least tow different voodohda's and prefpane combos for my alc272 work in Lion as they did in SL. Nothing to fear.

remove applehda to be on the safe side and avoid any interfering.

rashan

rashan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
I have VoodooHDA from iAtkosS3V2 and it works good (except for the volume control knob).

prabas

prabas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I do have VoodooHDA from somewhere, everything is working, volume up/down, control via touch-buttons (I'll attach that kext when I'll be on Lion (30mins~)

Derty

Derty

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 3,170 posts
i have lucky whits this.

and need delete applehda.kext or use disabler hda from maldon.

is not recognized probe add HDEF in your dsdt.

version 0.2.56

Attached Files

Iverie

Iverie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
VoodooHDA 2.7.2 works for me both internal speakers and line out, had to chance the kext to make it recognize the volume controls, but everything else works, no KP's. Didn't test the microphone, I don't care.

prabas

prabas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Sorry for delay, had to painfully reinstall Lion.

This next works with any OS, you don't need to delete anything, install and you're ready to go.

Attached Files

Peter_sm

Peter_sm

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Sorry for delay, had to painfully reinstall Lion.

This next works with any OS, you don't need to delete anything, install and you're ready to go.

Is it OK to have this in E/E :blink:
//Peter

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Apple Software, iOS , OSX86, Creativity and a lot of non-tech stuff.

Is it OK to have this in E/E ;)
//Peter

voodoohda is for /S/L/E

Sn1pest3r

Sn1pest3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Why strictly VodooHDA? I used HDAEnabler and ##### and everything is working fine...

bodhram

bodhram

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

at least tow different voodohda's and prefpane combos for my alc272 work in Lion as they did in SL. Nothing to fear.

remove applehda to be on the safe side and avoid any interfering.

Hi smartie,

I too have a alc272 that was working good with voodoohda 0.2.1 in SL because anything newer was creating a loopback between the mic and the speakers.

After updating to Lion I can not use this anymore because it's 32bit, and with voodohda2.7.2 I'm getting the same loopback problem

Can you please post your solution to see if I can receive some light about it?

Thanks!

helmi1234

helmi1234

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi smartie,

I too have a alc272 that was working good with voodoohda 0.2.1 in SL because anything newer was creating a loopback between the mic and the speakers.

After updating to Lion I can not use this anymore because it's 32bit, and with voodohda2.7.2 I'm getting the same loopback problem

Can you please post your solution to see if I can receive some light about it?

Thanks!

Hi,

you can try this kext. It's voodooHDA 0.2.1 compiled for 64bit.

Attached File  VoodooHDA.kext.zip   161.7KB   1143 downloads

It works great for me in Lion for my XFi in 64bit. However sometimes it gives me a KP on startup. Does anyone know how to prevent these occasional KPs or alternative drivers for XFi Titanium without crackling noises?

Thanks

r00tlolz

r00tlolz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
I use it, only thing I can't get working is the mic. I'm going to mess around with the next and see if I can get it working.

douggle

douggle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
I use voodoo as ##### doesnt work for me i ve tried it no dice ALC888 ICH7

Popeto

Popeto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi,
It works great for me in Lion for my XFi in 64bit. However sometimes it gives me a KP on startup. Does anyone know how to prevent these occasional KPs or alternative drivers for XFi Titanium without crackling noises?
Thanks

Hi, what is the motherboard and sound chip on it, please ??
I have Acer Aspire 7720 with 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller, it worket well with VoodooHDA 0.2.1 under SL, but with Lion doesn't work ...

chamak

chamak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi guys, I've a Creative X-FI Titanium PCI-E. Deleted AppleHDA.kext and added VoodooHDA.kext 2.7.2 in /E/E. After kextcache and reboot I can now see a volume controller on the menu and I can as well see only the green output bar in the settings as well. but for some reason there's no sound output through my speaker. I switched to windows 7 and made sure all the connectivity is okay. Any help please? I've also disabled the on-board audio.

Thanks.

tobiastimpe

tobiastimpe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
While we're talking about VoodooHDA, I tired it on my ASUS P5N-D with ALC883 and line-out works fine under Lion.

But as soon as I try to go to Audio-MIDI-Setup and set up my SPDIF optical output, I get a kernel panic!

Any help?

homer72

homer72

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Hi,

Thanks

thanks
lion x-fi titanium is work ;)

xiaomei

xiaomei

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Anyone knows how to make ALC665 to work in Lion without any issues? My Alienware M11x works really good apart from the sound. I have managed to install some old kext to have sound working, but now everytime I boot it says something about a delay of kernel cache by number of seconds, which also casues it wont boot evertime.

Edit. I've managed to get rid of that message by adding ForceWake=Y to apple.boot.plist, then I got another one "header read size 200 incorrect image signature" and managed get rid of that also, by executing in terminal: sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

then deleted the sleepimage with:
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage

So far no issues during boot and working sound.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy