Kakewalk 4: Makes installing Lion a breeze

mrjanek

171 posts in this topic

Is it possible using Kakewalk somehow to install Lion without a working OS X install?

How about a windows version of Kakewalk, to prepare everything?

The problem is, i have currently no working OS X environment available.

According to kakewalk pdf instruction, you got to have a Mac or a working Hackintosh. Maybe your local library has a Mac that you can use.

Is it possible using Kakewalk somehow to install Lion without a working OS X install?

How about a windows version of Kakewalk, to prepare everything?

The problem is, i have currently no working OS X environment available.

VMware or VirtualBox should have you a working OSX environment to get a pen set up.

Did you set your bios to boot from the USB Stick is the first device ?. because if you boot from SL then hit any key to interrupt then choose your USB installer you will get kernel panic.

I booted from the USB stick through the F12 boot options BIOS command. Since its BIOS not a boot loader do you think it matters?

I think Lion only works with 1-partitioned drives.

---OK, took a few days off from fiddling with it, because you can only bash your head against the wall so many times. My HD for Lion is currently one single partition. I have Snow Leopard running perfectly on a 2nd HD.

I have tried both the plain erase on Disk Utility and the re-partition & erase on my USB stick. Neither formatting wants to work like it did last time. I have two images of Lion, the OS X Lion 10.7 by Deduen, and the Lion.app version, I have tried both.

Should I try erasing, the USB (or Hard Drive) in Linux or something to see if it clear away any formatting errors? Erase the Lion images I have and redownload them?

thanks

Doesn't work with my laptop ASUS K53SV (i5-2410M) , Chosen mother board P5K-USB3 . Then when I tried to boot with the Kakewalk USB , it gave me a Kernal Panic...

post-800486-1313761772_thumb.jpg

Please advice ~~ HDD is a GUID Partition Table , Mac only (1 Partition only)

Wow, talk about easy USB install.

My only problem, thus far, is motherboard choice.

I have the Gigabyte GS-X48-DS4...

What/which MB in the list would you recommend trying? I installed the P45 board, but that's as far as I have gone so far, before knowing if I need to add an other information to the USB files.

Thanks!

I've never seen this error before. Hackintoshing EP45-DS3LR

"Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\"

kabi1h.jpg

I have no idea where to start.

Bios and errors:

http://imgur.com/a/G06WD#kABi1

If this helps: The boot pauses for about 10 seconds on this:

hmybbh.jpg

Machine:

Intel Q8300 SLGUR

Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR

6 GB RAM

BFG 9800 GTX+

I have a drive with SL running perfectly. I'm trying to get Lion to boot using KakeWalk 4.0.3

Thanks for any help,

Alfa

Sry about the specs:

Intel E8400 Dual Core @ 3Ghz

Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4

4Gb Ram

ATI HD4879 1gb Ram

Seagate 750Gb

Maxtor 36Gb x2 RAID0

Seagate 500G x2 RAID0

Snow Leopard 10.6.6i currently installed and running with just the Seagate 750Gb drive connected. Looking to install Lion and dual boot with Win 7

Installed with this, thanks - using an EP43-DS3L, which I've followed guides for an EP45-DS3L before.

One problem - it only detects one monitor of my two, both connected to a Radeon 6850. I tried changing 'GraphicsEnabler' to No, and both then work. I have no idea what that did, but... :rolleyes:

Otherwise, seems to be working fine - with exception that it didn't wake from 'sleep' so disabled that.

Kakewalk is a simple method for installing Lion on a PC.

If you're happy with my work please consider donating :P Thanks a lot!

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Compatible motherboards:

You'll find a list of compatible motherboards here.

Visit Kakewalk.se

Visit kakewalk.se to get more information on how to install Lion on your PC using Kakewalk.

Hi,

Would you consider adding some of the Asus P8P67 boards to cakewalk - I have built several packages that install the necessary kexts, bootloader and dsdts (where required) for the P8P67 Pro, P8P67 (non pro) and P8P67 Sabertooth boards if they would be of any use to you?

I can't get my Hackintosh to work.

Specs:

Mobo - Gigabyte EP45T-USB3p

Processor - 3.00 Intel P4, 64-bit Hyper-threaded (2 total)

Graphic Card: ATI Radeon X1300 / X1550

This machine has 8GB of RAM and 3 TB + 200GB drive that I use to install the OS on. Up until now this box had Microsoft Home Server 2011 on it. It's slow and I want to change it to a Hackintosh if I'm able.

I've tried to install Snow Leopard. After building the USB and updating the BIOS. The computer boots to the Kakewalk screen. I hit enter twice and the apple install screen displays but that is as far as it goes.

Has anyone got these specs to work OR do I need to swoop out some equipment

Error:

Memory allocation error! Addr=0x0, Size=0x7ff38d0, File=device_inject.c, Line=220

This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!

I remember reading about only using 4gb in one of the many post about mackintosh builds so I've removed 4gb of memory and still not change.

Help