170 replies to this topic

zNuNoz

zNuNoz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
@mrjanek
will you "support" Asus motherboards in the future or will you stick to Gigabyte?

Derty

Derty

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 3,166 posts
extraordinary!!!!

nice.

thanks.

good for me snow 10.6.8 to Lion.

Attached Files

Dragon Master

Dragon Master

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

OMG!!!
Kakewalk just killed my windows ntfs (D:) disk with all my stuff there :blink: (photos, games vids and distrs)
How I got it:
HDDs:
1.SATA ("System" (ntfs with windows 7 installed), "Store" ntfs with all my stuff)
2.IDE ("Lion" hfs, "XP" ntfs)
3. USB-HDD ("Time Machine Backup" hfs, "Kakewalk" hfs)

Started Kakewalk 4.0 in SL (at "Lion" partition), selected Lion app and "Kakewalk" disk for installation. Got error after few minutes. Restarted Kakewalk.app, OK message.
Then Installed Kakewalk to USB-HDD and found out that my "System" ntfs disk is renamed to Kakewalk. hmmm... And "Store" ntfs disk is empty in Finder (although properties show it almost full as it should be)
After that I renamed "Kakewalk" ntfs to "System" again and installed Lion without any problems to "Lion" on top of SL. It works fine.
But after succesful rebooting to Win7 I've realized that my "Store" ntfs disk is mounted as RAW.
What I have to do to get my data back?

I seem there's some mess with the disks structure definition in Kakewalk 4.0 =(
Use it with caution and eject all unneeded HDDs before.

In Windows, use a program called Active UNDELETE. You will be able to get all your stuff back from a delete hard drive.

daviduco

daviduco

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
What if my motherboard is not listed? Could you include a "generic" profile?

Dasoslukos

Dasoslukos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Anyone had any luck with the GA EP45-DS3R? Its not on his list but i have the DSDT still so Id think it wouldn't be a problem. I could just remake my Cham stick and go the long route but kake looks sooo much nice :D

The Matrix

The Matrix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

What if my motherboard is not listed? Could you include a "generic" profile?

You can cross your finger and hope it works. Some of the kernel extensions are specific to the motherboard chipset and integrated devices therefore you may have some trouble. I think you can use his usb and update the specific kext files for your motherboard then it should technically work.

richardsim7

richardsim7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Well I tried with a USB HDD instead, and it had ¦ with a blinking _
Then I tried an internal HDD and it had - with a blinking _

Sigh, I don't know what to do :(

The Matrix

The Matrix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Well I tried with a USB HDD instead, and it had ¦ with a blinking _
Then I tried an internal HDD and it had - with a blinking _

Sigh, I don't know what to do :(

Make sure your bios setting closely resembles http://neighborhosti...OS_settings.pdf
Important ones are: SATA RAID/AHCI Mode: [AHCI], Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode: [AHCI], ACPI Suspend Type: [S3(STR)], HPET Support: [Enabled], HPET Mode: [64-bit mode]

Hades

Hades

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi there !!

First of all thank you for this ...i have a 10.6.8 runnning on a P55-USB3 Gigabyte and a GTX 275
I fired up Kakewalk 4 ...
It dont let me install on USB only on Computer..so i installed on computer with choosing my volume and the right Motherboard.
But what do i have to do now ?? Just installing the OSX Lion .dmg golden master ?That don´t work :(
I even can´t shut down OSX now !?
Maybe some good soul can point me in the right direction ? I am a little bit confused and scared what to do ..
Thank you in advance for your help!

richardsim7

richardsim7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Make sure your bios setting closely resembles http://neighborhosti...OS_settings.pdf
Important ones are: SATA RAID/AHCI Mode: [AHCI], Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode: [AHCI], ACPI Suspend Type: [S3(STR)], HPET Support: [Enabled], HPET Mode: [64-bit mode]

Yeah my settings are like that already (I'm running Snow Leopard at the moment without any problems)

:(

GTACRFreak

GTACRFreak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Would be very nice if u would add Asus Support :(
Because i'm *UckedUP with mine Asus P5Q Pro Turbo i don't know what to do. :P

Mackilroy

Mackilroy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

I got my EX58UD5 up and running with Lion. I did a clean fresh install and it worked fine. Only issue is my AMD 4890 is not getting picked up by the OS. If i set graphics enabler to YES then it is not booting. Hangs with the infamous ACPI timeout. Anyhow I'm super excited.

Edit: FYI...Got my 3d acceleration working by installing the QE_CI_10.7 then enabling GraphicEnabler.

Did you have a 10.6.8 install previously? I've also got a system based on the EX58-UD5 (and a 4890) but I can't even download 10.7 – I get the error message that it cannot be installed on this computer.

Hades

Hades

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
No one any idea how to move on with my installation ?
I restarted after Kakewalk 4 installation on HD i see the new loader on screen and stuck to the apple ...
When i start -v in verbose i can it is stuck on pci configuration begin :unsure:
please help

The Matrix

The Matrix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Did you have a 10.6.8 install previously? I've also got a system based on the EX58-UD5 (and a 4890) but I can't even download 10.7 – I get the error message that it cannot be installed on this computer.

Make sure you are using the final GM build 11A511. Did you create GUID 1 partition on the usb? Do you have any other corrupted lion parition on your system?

NoSmokingBandit

NoSmokingBandit

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
I'm trying to do a clean install but it refuses to work. I've created the bootable drive with no errors, but when i boot up it scrolls through all of the kexts then simply reboots. I've tried safe mode but it changed nothing. My BIOS is set up correctly, according to the install guide. Any suggestions?

I'm trying to do a clean install but it refuses to work. I've created the bootable drive with no errors, but when i boot up it scrolls through all of the kexts then simply reboots. I've tried safe mode but it changed nothing. My BIOS is set up correctly, according to the install guide. Any suggestions?

Mackilroy

Mackilroy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Make sure you are using the final GM build 11A511. Did you create GUID 1 partition on the usb? Do you have any other corrupted lion parition on your system?

I'm not running the GM build of Lion at all if that's what you're meaning – I have no installations of Lion, just one install of 10.6.8, which is formatted as GUID.

daviduco

daviduco

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I'm installing it on a laptop and both trackpad and keyboard don't work, i've tried adding voodoops2.kext y /Extra and it doesn't work.

EDIT

Ok booting in 32bit mode made everything work (trackpad, keyboard, sound, battery, gma950) on my hp nc6400.

Almost everything is working but both cores like 10.6.8 :"""((

GhostSonic

GhostSonic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
Install went smoothly on my Gigabyte P55-UD2 with an i5-750. However, sound does not work.
And GraphicsEnabler=Yes doesn't work with my Radeon 4890 despite it being listed as compatible on your site, so I'm stuck on 1024x768. Help is appreciated.

Mackilroy

Mackilroy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Well, I never did figure out how to get Lion to download on my hackintosh, but I was able to use my Mac Pro to download it and then go through the install process with Kakewalk. So far everything is looking pretty good – got it installed, but I didn't have Internet access enabled yet so I'm jumping through some other hoops of my own making.

Morphey

Morphey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Hey guys,
I had SL 10.6.8 and I used Kakewalk 4 on my USB thumb drive.
My MB is EP45-UD3L, and I'm also using a PS2 keyboard.
I got my PS2 driver from kexts.com and i just puted the kext files in the Extra and System\Library\Extension folders on the USB drive (that's because I erased my partition and then noticed that it needed the kext :\).
After the install, the keyboard is responsive, but I'm not getting thru the "Connect your keyboard" screen.
What to do? I have access to the partition and the USB from windows (thanks, Macdrive!).

Another thing: Mrjanek is the king.
Thanks guys,
Dvir.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy