Kakewalk 4: Makes installing Lion a breeze

mrjanek

171 posts in this topic

Does kakewalk require SL already installed on the machine? I have prepared the bootable usb from a regular Mac-pro at a friend's house. Will this allow me to install Lion on UD5? Thanks for the reply!

Yes, this works fine.

Hey, installation worked flawlessly with an GA-EP43-UD3L, but the GraphicEnabler is set to No by default, resolution here is 1024x.... .

Thank you very much

Set GraphicsEnabler to Yes and hopefully it will work.

Yes, this works fine.

Set GraphicsEnabler to Yes and hopefully it will work.

Yes, its working fine when set to yes. Just wanted to mention it, since the manual which comes with Kakewalk says you should set it from Yes to No.

:unsure:

Thank you,

I was unable to get Lion to install using this and my Asus P6T6. I know it isn't on the supported Motherboard list so I picked a motherboard which had the closest specifications, which was the Gigabyte X58-UD7

As it is loading files it kernel panics with this error: com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(1.4)

If I disable ACPI APIC that error goes away but then it just locks up with "Darwin Kernel Version 11.0.0" without a real error message appearing. I have APIC 2.0 activated and I did everything else in the instructions that I needed to change in the BIOS but unfortunately it doesn't wanna work for me.

Any ideas?

I got my EX58UD5 up and running with Lion. I did a clean fresh install and it worked fine. Only issue is my AMD 4890 is not getting picked up by the OS. If i set graphics enabler to YES then it is not booting. Hangs with the infamous ACPI timeout. Anyhow I'm super excited.

Edit: FYI...Got my 3d acceleration working by installing the QE_CI_10.7 then enabling GraphicEnabler.

Thanks for the app! This will be my first attempt at installing Lion on my machine... Haven't had to mess with anything hackintosh since I got my machine running perfectly 2 years ago, so it's nice to see an easy app for jumping back in...

Couple of questions:

1) This is a vanilla install, right? Not like the old kalyway or iDeneb distros?

2) Does it work if you create a HD partition instead of USB stick?

I created a 10gb HD partition and it worked fine for me.

OMG!!!

Kakewalk just killed my windows ntfs (D:) disk with all my stuff there :unsure: (photos, games vids and distrs)

How I got it:

HDDs:

1.SATA ("System" (ntfs with windows 7 installed), "Store" ntfs with all my stuff)

2.IDE ("Lion" hfs, "XP" ntfs)

3. USB-HDD ("Time Machine Backup" hfs, "Kakewalk" hfs)

Started Kakewalk 4.0 in SL (at "Lion" partition), selected Lion app and "Kakewalk" disk for installation. Got error after few minutes. Restarted Kakewalk.app, OK message.

Then Installed Kakewalk to USB-HDD and found out that my "System" ntfs disk is renamed to Kakewalk. hmmm... And "Store" ntfs disk is empty in Finder (although properties show it almost full as it should be)

After that I renamed "Kakewalk" ntfs to "System" again and installed Lion without any problems to "Lion" on top of SL. It works fine.

But after succesful rebooting to Win7 I've realized that my "Store" ntfs disk is mounted as RAW.

What I have to do to get my data back?

I seem there's some mess with the disks structure definition in Kakewalk 4.0 =(

Use it with caution and eject all unneeded HDDs before.

OMG!!!

Kakewalk just killed my windows ntfs (D:) disk with all my stuff there :blink: (photos, games vids and distrs)

How I got it:

HDDs:

1.SATA ("System" (ntfs with windows 7 installed), "Store" ntfs with all my stuff)

2.IDE ("Lion" hfs, "XP" ntfs)

3. USB-HDD ("Time Machine Backup" hfs, "Kakewalk" hfs)

Started Kakewalk 4.0 in SL (at "Lion" partition), selected Lion app and "Kakewalk" disk for installation. Got error after few minutes. Restarted Kakewalk.app, OK message.

Then Installed Kakewalk to USB-HDD and found out that my "System" ntfs disk is renamed to Kakewalk. hmmm... And "Store" ntfs disk is empty in Finder (although properties show it almost full as it should be)

After that I renamed "Kakewalk" ntfs to "System" again and installed Lion without any problems to "Lion" on top of SL. It works fine.

But after succesful rebooting to Win7 I've realized that my "Store" ntfs disk is mounted as RAW.

What I have to do to get my data back?

I seem there's some mess with the disks structure definition in Kakewalk 4.0 =(

Use it with caution and eject all unneeded HDDs before.

In Windows, use a program called Active UNDELETE. You will be able to get all your stuff back from a delete hard drive.

Anyone had any luck with the GA EP45-DS3R? Its not on his list but i have the DSDT still so Id think it wouldn't be a problem. I could just remake my Cham stick and go the long route but kake looks sooo much nice :D

What if my motherboard is not listed? Could you include a "generic" profile?

You can cross your finger and hope it works. Some of the kernel extensions are specific to the motherboard chipset and integrated devices therefore you may have some trouble. I think you can use his usb and update the specific kext files for your motherboard then it should technically work.

Well I tried with a USB HDD instead, and it had ¦ with a blinking _

Then I tried an internal HDD and it had - with a blinking _

Sigh, I don't know what to do :(

Make sure your bios setting closely resembles http://neighborhosting.com/hackintosh/EX58_BIOS_settings.pdf

Important ones are: SATA RAID/AHCI Mode: [AHCI], Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode: [AHCI], ACPI Suspend Type: [s3(STR)], HPET Support: [Enabled], HPET Mode: [64-bit mode]

Hi there !!

First of all thank you for this ...i have a 10.6.8 runnning on a P55-USB3 Gigabyte and a GTX 275

I fired up Kakewalk 4 ...

It dont let me install on USB only on Computer..so i installed on computer with choosing my volume and the right Motherboard.

But what do i have to do now ?? Just installing the OSX Lion .dmg golden master ?That don´t work :(

I even can´t shut down OSX now !?

Maybe some good soul can point me in the right direction ? I am a little bit confused and scared what to do ..

Thank you in advance for your help!

Make sure your bios setting closely resembles http://neighborhosting.com/hackintosh/EX58_BIOS_settings.pdf

Important ones are: SATA RAID/AHCI Mode: [AHCI], Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode: [AHCI], ACPI Suspend Type: [s3(STR)], HPET Support: [Enabled], HPET Mode: [64-bit mode]

Yeah my settings are like that already (I'm running Snow Leopard at the moment without any problems)

:(