Lion is Officially OUT!

Onixs

89 posts in this topic

Ok everyone out there. Dont waste your hard earned cash trying to download from app store unless you got a real mac.

The download is still crashing at approx 60% but the installer does instal into you application folder.

when this is run it asks for a destination drive and installs a hidden folder called .AIBootFiles.

This contains a kernelcache file, boot.efi file and com.apple.Boot.plist with the following contents

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel Cache</key>

<string>/.IABootFiles/kernelcache</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>container-dmg=file:///Applications/Install%20Mac%20OS%20X%20Lion.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg root-dmg=file:///BaseSystem.dmg</string>

</dict>

</plist>

I checked for the InstallESD.dmg but it doesn't exist in the stated location.

Also after 3 attempts at downloading the Lion package from the app store I am now refused access with the following "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."

{censored}, sorry ... GM = 11A511 ... Finel of today = 11511 ... never heard of RTM Build ... before GM there has been DP4 (11A480b) ... 11A494a is only an update to DP4 but not RTM or GM !!!

MD5 MacAppStore (/Applications/Install Mac OS X Lion.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg) = b5d3753c62bfb69866e94dca9336a44a

And Gold Master's InstallESD's md5 is the same, I think that's enough to say that the GM and RTM are the same here (in addition to version numbers which are the same too)

GM is 11A511

Final from today (just downloaded and installed) is 11A511

which seems to indicate that they realised their error and swapped the dmg, since everybody who downloaded a while ago DID get the 11A494 ..

I bet if someone with the old 11A494 dmg from a few hours ago did a md5 or sha, and also someone with the most recent 11A511, the crcs will be different ..

Also a md5 compare of the final new RTM 11A511 and the GM 11A511 would be interesting .. just because the build # is the same does NOT need to mean that ALL FILES in the dmgs are the same ..

Dig ?!!

EDIT: wait a moment: is it possible that the displayed build # varies with the architecture? If installed on a Core (2) Duo 32 bit = different build # than if installed as 64 ?? I know out of personal experience that devs of a certain Windows app have implemented different build #s depending on which kind of OS the app gets installed. Maybe that's it?

Also a md5 compare of the final new RTM 11A511 and the GM 11A511 would be interesting .. just because the build # is the same does NOT need to mean that ALL FILES in the dmgs are the same ..

We just compared the InstallESD.dmg with overflow (he posted RTM's md5) and it seems to me they're the same (I just verified GM's InstallESD's md5 and it's indeed the same file)

which seems to indicate that they realised their error and swapped the dmg, since everybody who downloaded a while ago DID get the 11A494 ..

I bet if someone with the old 11A494 dmg from a few hours ago did a md5 or sha, and also someone with the most recent 11A511, the crcs will be different ..

Dig ?!!

Hi BugsB,

the "Find the Differences" contest is open ..

Who will be the first that will check which files are the same and which are different ... ??

:hysterical:

--------

Contest Closed

@Jerome10

We just compared the InstallESD.dmg with overflow (he posted RTM's md5) and it seems to me they're the same (I just verified GM's InstallESD's md5 and it's indeed the same file)

EDIT: wait a moment: is it possible that the displayed build # varies with the architecture? If installed on a Core (2) Duo 32 bit = different build # than if installed as 64 ?? I know out of personal experience that devs of a certain Windows app have implemented different build #s depending on which kind of OS the app gets installed. Maybe that's it?

No, there is no real 32bit support anymore, hence Lion can't be installed on Core Duo Macs.

No, the only reference to 11A494 is in the "Install Mac OS X Lion.app", which is the same as in the GM build.

So the current MacAppStore release is in every way the same as the GM release, "Install Mac OS X Lion.app" in GM build also contains the 11A494 version tag.

I hope the GPU Intel HD Graphics 3000 is fully supported now, since the new MacBook Air and Mac Mini use this. And the Mac Mini have a HDMI output, so I guess it won't be too difficult to make a injector or something like that.

No, there is no real 32bit support anymore, hence Lion can't be installed on Core Duo Macs.
:P do you know if Apple completely stripped 32 bit support out of the Lion kernel, or if we can still force it to run on 32bit Core Duos with arch=i386 in the boot plist? Or is a hacked/ recoded 32bit kernel (= non-vanilla) necessary for Lion to run on 32 bit CPUs/ chipsets? Is anybody running Lion on a mobo with a Core Duo CPU?

No, the only reference to 11A494 is in the "Install Mac OS X Lion.app", which is the same as in the GM build.

So the current MacAppStore release is in every way the same as the GM release, "Install Mac OS X Lion.app" in GM build also contains the 11A494 version tag.

Aha, it all starts to make sense. Mind that people who have the GM installed and downloaded the RTM and execute the installer get the error "A newer version of this App is already installed". Would you pls be so kind and confirm that you get the same error when you re-run the RTM installer app in the installed RTM? Thank you!

:D do you know if Apple completely stripped 32 bit support out of the Lion kernel, or if we can still force it to run on 32bit Core Duos with arch=i386 in the boot plist? Or is a hacked/ recoded 32bit kernel (= non-vanilla) necessary for Lion to run on 32 bit CPUs/ chipsets?

The kernel can be forced to boot into 32bit mode, but Finder is a 64bit only app, so it's really no fun on a 32bit only CPU.

The kernel can be forced to boot into 32bit mode, but Finder is a 64bit only app, so it's really no fun on a 32bit only CPU.
does it crash all the time, or certain functions simply don't work? Do you know if anybody has tried to overwrite Lion's finder with the Snow Leo arch32/64 one?

-------------

Also (for anybody interested): .. tpb.org ..

does it crash all the time, or certain functions simply don't work? Do you know if anybody has tried to overwrite Lion's finder with the Snow Leo arch32/64 one?

-------------

Also (for anybody interested): .. tpb.org ..

If Lion RTM is the same build of GM, i have te GM in 32 bit mode and Finder work perfect

does it crash all the time, or certain functions simply don't work?

Finder won't start, so you have no Desktop and dock. I guess it could be replaced by another file manager, but there are probably some other system-apps which are 64bit only too. So I don't really know if you could call it usable in any way :D

Do you know if anybody has tried to overwrite Lion's finder with the Snow Leo arch32/64 one?

I think the Lion DP1 Finder works, since its still a 32/64bit app. And I've read that some got it running on the GM/RTM build to some extend.

info and version into application lion

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">'>http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Application-Group</key>

<string>AirPort</string>

<key>BuildMachineOSBuild</key>

<string>11A494</string>

<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>

<string>English</string>

<key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>

<string>Install Mac OS X Lion</string>

<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>

<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>

<string>Install Mac OS X Lion, Copyright © 2007-2011 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.</string>

<key>CFBundleIconFile</key>

<string>InstallAssistant</string>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.InstallAssistant.Lion</string>

<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>

<string>6.0</string>

<key>CFBundleName</key>

<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>

<string>APPL</string>

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>

<string>1.0.4</string>

<key>CFBundleSignature</key>

<string>????</string>

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>

<string>197</string>

<key>DTCompiler</key>

<string></string>

<key>DTPlatformBuild</key>

<string></string>

<key>DTPlatformVersion</key>

<string>GM</string>

<key>DTSDKBuild</key>

<string>11A494</string>

<key>DTSDKName</key>

<string></string>

<key>DTXcode</key>

<string>0410</string>

<key>DTXcodeBuild</key>

<string></string>

<key>LSApplicationCategoryType</key>

<string>public.app-category.utilities</string>

<key>LSArchitecturePriority</key>

<array>

<string>x86_64</string>

<string>i386</string>

<string>ppc</string>

</array>

<key>LSMinimumSystemVersion</key>

<string>10.6.6</string>

<key>LSMinimumSystemVersionByArchitecture</key>

<dict>

<key>x86_64</key>

<string>10.6</string>

</dict>

<key>NSMainNibFile</key>

<string>MainMenu</string>

<key>NSPrincipalClass</key>

<string>NSApplication</string>

<key>NSSupportsSuddenTermination</key>

<true/>

</dict>

</plist>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>BuildVersion</key>

<string>2</string>

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>

<string>1.0.4</string>

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>

<string>197</string>

<key>ProjectName</key>

<string>InstallAssistant</string>

<key>SourceVersion</key>

<string>197000000000000</string>

</dict>

</plist>

If Lion RTM is the same build of GM, i have te GM in 32 bit mode and Finder work perfect
on your Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3LR with the (64bit capable) Core 2 Duo, or your Acer Grapevine with the 32bit Celeron M?

In case you run Lion on your GA: even if you force to 32bit via arch=i386, is it possible that Finder might still activate 64bit calls in the CPU (overwriting the arch setting)?

If you successfully run Lion GM incl. Finder on your Acer that would be great news :D .

info and version into application lion

<key>LSArchitecturePriority</key>

<array>

<string>x86_64</string>

<string>i386</string>

<string>ppc</string>

</array>

LOL - esp. the ppc :D

Someone on the macrumors forum tried the DP4 on a Core Duo

But there are some issues that makes it impossible to work with:

- Finder is only in x64, so no way to run it, the rest of apps stay in x86

- launchd process uses all CPU and Memory resources, so it is not possible to work normally with.

I think the Lion DP1 Finder works, since its still a 32/64bit app. And I've read that some got it running on the GM/RTM build to some extend.
Yes, just read it, too, so that's good news. However, updates might screw things up.

Hopefull either tonymac ([url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]/ [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]/ xMove) and/or Conti (myHack) and/or Nawcom and Meklort (Project v0ltr0n) will update their utilities to also support older CPUs.

I've upgraded here from 10.6.8, running fast here, lets see if dont crash today.

please anyone upload system/library/coreservices/systemversion.plist, from retail from apple store.

thanks.