My specific App Store can't login problem

kcome

39 posts in this topic

Dear all,

I got this when I was trying to login Mac App Store "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."

I know that add EthernetBuiltIn/Yes to com.apple.Boot.plist and delete/re-add interfaces in Network.prefPane should fix the problem. But not with any luck, I still can't login.

Here the situation is, in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist I got only one interface, the WIFI card which is a mini PCI-E unloaded from a MBP, it's driver is the stock unchanged Apple "AirPort_AthrFusion21" in Lion GM vanilla installation. In this plist file, I can see that the OS treat the WIFI card as BuiltIn already. I don't know why this still can't get me logged in.

Another tip, I can't sign in to mac app store since my upgrade to 10.6.8, it seems to be so. And before my failed login and after 10.6.8 upgrade, my old wifi card (a DWA 552, not the current one unloaded from MBP) was broken, that means my current Ethernet/Wifi MAC address is different from my last success login with MAS, I suspect that Apple stores users' ethernet MAC address? And also, I have a mac mini, I used my MAS account on that a bit too. Don't know if there is anything on this.

Appreciated for any help and hints ;)

Thanks, I will try this.

But i don't know why the onboard RTL8111C is not recognized. It was working well without patch in 10.6.X. Do you know that dsdt that I was using in 10.6.X is incompatible with OSX 10.7 or newer Chameleon? My dsdt was one that decompiled from bios firmware to source file, manually fixed and recompiled from source. I checked many places just got no answer about dsdt compatibility.

sorry that i haven't seen you got an ASUS mobo.

If you are using ASUS mobo, you don't even need trying

<key>PCIRootUID</key>

<string>0</string>

and I said earlier "all because that I am using a gigabyte mb.", this PCI root uid fix is mainly for GigaByte mobos.

If you are using a different model other than mine, i don't know how to solve your problem.

And a further hint: my onboard LAN chip is not working/recognized 100% of time, after a sleep or shutdown, it get unrecognized by the system, some times of reboot will get it seen by system, its all about chances. I believe it(the onboard lan chip) is getting older and older to reaching its end of life.

1. Make sure your WIRED ethernet is working (use additional kext as needed).

2. Make sure it is detected as built-in. If not add EthernetBuiltIn=Yes

3. Make sure WIRED ethernet is detected en0 (the first ethernet network device)

I noticed many people do NOT check #3. In Terminal window, type "ifconfig" without quotes to check. If WIRED ethernet is not en0, do the following:

deleted /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

deleted all interfaces in System Preferences > Network

reboot

re-add ethernet first so that it will be en0

GL/HF

Hi all,

Am having this App Store issue also,

I tried to delete the network.plist and removed the network adapter under Network settings but am still unable to get on the App Store, iTunes Store works perfectly though...

One question, how to add EthernetBuiltIn/Yes to com.apple.Boot.plist ??

Open up your com.apple.Boot.plist (located in your Macintosh HD in the "Extras" folder). To make changes you will first have to save a new copy and save it to a different location, such as your home folder. After you open it add this string

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

The string can be added after all the other ones there. Once done just save the file, and replace the old one. PLEASE REMEMBER TO BACK UP YOUR DRIVE SO YOU HAVE A BOOTABLE COPY. IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG WITH THE PLIST, THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO BOOT. I suggest Carbon Copy Cloner.

After adding <key>PCIRootUID</key><string>0</string>, my Nvidia Geforce 460 is down... And after running App Store, the account will log out automatically...

Mine is GA Z68X UD3 B3

Here's how I solved it. I added the EFI string for my built in ethernet card. I'm on the EP45-UD3L. Because I also use EFI string for my graphics card I had to learn how to combine EFI strings in the <key>device-properties</key> string in my org.chameleon.boot.plist (previously known as com.apple.boot.list).

Once I upgraded to Lion, I had to use the realtek kext that blackosx talks about in his 10.6 how to.

I also did all the other tricks listed, but this is what took.

Hope it helps