Windows NIC driver causing power failure on dual boot osx system

geekdude

3 posts in this topic

Hello. I have had my dual boot hackintosh/XP system working for about 6 months now. Most of the time I end up just using OSX because its faster, but the other day I tried to boot back up into XP to play a windows game and it shut off halfway through the boot process. I figured out that if I shut off my network card driver it works. If I enable it it shuts off immidately. The wierd part is it works fine in osx. Ive tried eraseing and reinstalling the drivers a couple of times and that didn't work. Ive also uninstalled zone alarm, avast, wireshark, virtualbox, and vmware. still nothing. I can't wrap my head around why it would do this. The only thing I can think of is mabye the patched dsdt is playing havoc with windows? I thought it only affected OSX though.

I have a dg965ry intel core2 duo mobo with built in gigibit eithernet.

im running XP and retail OSX leoppard 10.6.3. OSX is in a seperate HD

I also have applied almost all the hacks in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

Hello. I have had my dual boot hackintosh/XP system working for about 6 months now. Most of the time I end up just using OSX because its faster, but the other day I tried to boot back up into XP to play a windows game and it shut off halfway through the boot process. I figured out that if I shut off my network card driver it works. If I enable it it shuts off immidately. The wierd part is it works fine in osx. Ive tried eraseing and reinstalling the drivers a couple of times and that didn't work. Ive also uninstalled zone alarm, avast, wireshark, virtualbox, and vmware. still nothing. I can't wrap my head around why it would do this. The only thing I can think of is mabye the patched dsdt is playing havoc with windows? I thought it only affected OSX though.

I have a dg965ry intel core2 duo mobo with built in gigibit eithernet.

im running XP and retail OSX leoppard 10.6.3. OSX is in a seperate HD

I also have applied almost all the hacks in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

As OS X is in separate drive why don't you try re-installing Windows XP. I assume that there is no such thing installed on OS X which will give problem to your Windows. You can also try installing another /updated boot loader.