Broadcom Wireless Adapter OSX 10.6.3

AshWood

1 post in this topic

Ok so im new to the forum so quick hey.. basically ive been messing around putting osx on laptops since 10.4 but lately ive given up due to the lack of completion.. example.. i now have my laptop running 10.6.3 SL.. everything works, battery, display, sound, ethernet BUT my wireless wont.. for the last 4 days ive been searching around forums getting information and now boom this is where im up to.. so earlier today i took out my atheros AR5007 wireless card and replaced it with a Broadcom one PCI-E Mini by the way.. and now kismac picks up my wireless hub great huh? no.. i have airport symbol on the menu bar across the top of the screen BUT airport wont turn on.. ive tried deleting it and adding again ive tried the airport assistant and even when that forces the airport to turn on it doesnt detect my wireless hub only kismac does..

ive used broadcom kexts etc and still nothing after several reboots ONLY kismac picks up my wifi not airport..

so my question is where do i go from here? how do i get airport to work so i can connect to my wifi so i can be a happy hackintosh user?

thanks

:)