Four small Lion issues: apps stay in dashboard, sound knob, sleep and finder

rashan

7 posts in this topic

GtOG8.pngAaeRg.png

WIpOR.png

When i remove these two and do a logoff/logon or reboot they show up again.

W H Y ?

I have nawcom's Lion SleepEnabler installed, but in sleepmode the pc sounds like it's going through a cycle.

The fan maxes out then slows down then the dvdrom searches for a disc then the fan maxes out again, slows down and so on. Until i click a button or press a key when it's back in normal mode..

Then there's the sound knob that only works for turning on/off sound not changing volume.

And the fourth problem is that every other time i logon finder opens a window of a partition for no reason.

So.. any suggestions? :)

• 3 weeks later...
actually i got 2 more problems and that's

1 Lion boots three times slower than Snow Leopard

2 Windows clock is turned back 2 hrs each time i reboot

Do any of you guys know how to fix this?

1. Chameleon doesn't support kextcache if you have any kexts in E/E. Use XPC instead, learn how to use it. irc.moofspeak.net #xpc-boot

2. Google for that, you basically just make a regedit in windows so it uses the same time system as Windows.

Thank you for the link. Here's a direct irc2web link for XPC. Which is an alternative to Chameleon (for anyone interested).

I've actually approached the slow boot with the following method, and it boots faster now.. not SnowLeo lightning fast. but faster.

Deleted mkexts from S/L/E, com.apple.kext.caches/startup and E/E

Installed kexts from E/E to S/L/E with KextWizard.

Deleted E/E dir.

Added

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>Yes</string>

to boot plist.

Googled a bit and found a solution for clock problem.

This registry fix solved my clock issue.

Thank you for the link. Here's a direct irc2web link for XPC. Which is an alternative to Chameleon (for anyone interested).

I've actually approached the slow boot with the following method, and it boots faster now.. not SnowLeo lightning fast. but faster.

Deleted mkexts from S/L/E, com.apple.kext.caches/startup and E/E

Installed kexts from E/E to S/L/E with KextWizard.

Deleted E/E dir.

Added

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>Yes</string>

to boot plist.

Googled a bit and found a solution for clock problem.

This registry fix solved my clock issue.

Putting E/E kexts in SLE is badddd. We went away from that when PC-EFI came out for a reason. System updates can hose your whole system now.