Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet Not Detected

bezeek

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I just installed OS X for the millionth time, but for the first time on a laptop.

Out of the box, my Broadcom ethernet is not detected at all. No sign of any eth devices anywhere.

I figure installing a driver would remedy this problem, but as far as finding one I've run out of places to look.

From XP, the compatable hardware IDs are as follows:

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_169D&REV_21

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_169D

PCI\VEN_14E4&CC_020000

PCI\VEN_14E4&CC_0200

PCI\VEN_14E4

PCI\CC_020000

PCI\CC_0200

If anyone could please help me hunt down a fix to get this recognized I would really appreciate it. I have seen little blurbs of discussions on adding device IDs to certain files in OS X, or at least something along those lines, but I have no understanding of what needs to be done.

Thanks in advance,

bezeek

• 2 years later...

Did you ever solve the problem? I have the same card.

Cheers.

Phil

Hi, I just installed OS X for the millionth time, but for the first time on a laptop.

Out of the box, my Broadcom ethernet is not detected at all. No sign of any eth devices anywhere.

I figure installing a driver would remedy this problem, but as far as finding one I've run out of places to look.

From XP, the compatable hardware IDs are as follows:

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_169D&REV_21

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_169D

PCI\VEN_14E4&CC_020000

PCI\VEN_14E4&CC_0200

PCI\VEN_14E4

PCI\CC_020000

PCI\CC_0200

If anyone could please help me hunt down a fix to get this recognized I would really appreciate it. I have seen little blurbs of discussions on adding device IDs to certain files in OS X, or at least something along those lines, but I have no understanding of what needs to be done.

Thanks in advance,

bezeek