Ethernet patch for x38 Maximus/Rampage Formula

12 posts in this topic

No matter what I've tried, I can't get ethernet working through DSDT patches. I've tried at least three so far, and the most I can do is have System Preferences recognize my dual ethernet; however, it is always stuck on "cable unplugged." This is on a Maximus Formula (with Rampage BIOS) with built-in Marvell 88e8056. Currently I have ethernet enabled through a patched IONetworkingFamily.kext. Attached are all my relevant files. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be a huge help.

Maximus_Formula_Ethernet.zip

As much as I'd like to help, but I couldn't get any further than you either. It's working fine via injection/kext, but I've also failed with DSDT (vanilla approach). Tried to make it look like 88E8055 and 88E8053, Apple2Yukon is loaded, but never has connection. Sure would like to know why ..

As much as I'd like to help, but I couldn't get any further than you either. It's working fine via injection/kext, but I've also failed with DSDT (vanilla approach). Tried to make it look like 88E8055 and 88E8053, Apple2Yukon is loaded, but never has connection. Sure would like to know why ..

Yup...this is exactly my predicament. I really don't understand what I'm missing.

try it

original kexts + legacy

LegacyAppleYukon2.kext.zip

MaLd0n, I'm not sure if you understand what I'm trying to accomplish. Are you saying that it's necessary to have the Legacy kext in order for the DSDT patch to work, or are you suggesting an alternative method for getting ethernet to work? Because I've successfully enabled ethernet through patching the IONetworkingFamily.kext; the point I was trying to make is that I want to have a pure DSDT solution, without the need for any modified OR additional kexts. I'm trying to make my system as vanilla as possible. The DSDT patches work, as far as I can tell, but it seems like there's some missing step in getting the devices fully functional. Right now, the DSDT patch only enables them, but they are always stuck on "cable unplugged."

MaLd0n, I'm not sure if you understand what I'm trying to accomplish. Are you saying that it's necessary to have the Legacy kext in order for the DSDT patch to work, or are you suggesting an alternative method for getting ethernet to work? Because I've successfully enabled ethernet through patching the IONetworkingFamily.kext; the point I was trying to make is that I want to have a pure DSDT solution, without the need for any modified OR additional kexts. I'm trying to make my system as vanilla as possible. The DSDT patches work, as far as I can tell, but it seems like there's some missing step in getting the devices fully functional. Right now, the DSDT patch only enables them, but they are always stuck on "cable unplugged."

with the legacy you do not need to modify kexts

and avoids problems with updates

:D

with the legacy you do not need to modify kexts

and avoids problems with updates

:D

I understand, but is there really no way to have *only* a DSDT patch and no additional kexts whatsoever?

I understand, but is there really no way to have *only* a DSDT patch and no additional kexts whatsoever?

I tried

but I could not

I hope someone can help you

Legacy or DSDT

no difference

Vanilla

Good Luck

I tried

but I could not

I hope someone can help you

Legacy or DSDT

no difference

Vanilla

Good Luck

Alright, well I guess if you couldn't get it working, probably no one can...maybe this mobo just isn't cut out for it. I will stick with the legacy kext for now. Thanks!

Alright, well I guess if you couldn't get it working, probably no one can...maybe this mobo just isn't cut out for it. I will stick with the legacy kext for now. Thanks!

One thing pops back into my mind now - the only real difference I saw when comparing ioreg's from what the kext inject does, and what I was doing via dsdt was the missing "IOCPMSIMode", which is set to true with the kext, but doesn't show up otherwise. So the DSDT-way it seems to get no such signal.

One thing pops back into my mind now - the only real difference I saw when comparing ioreg's from what the kext inject does, and what I was doing via dsdt was the missing "IOCPMSIMode", which is set to true with the kext, but doesn't show up otherwise. So the DSDT-way it seems to get no such signal.

Interesting...well I have no doubt that there is a way to do it through the DSDT, it's just a matter of having the required knowledge. Hopefully a true DSDT pro will stumble upon this thread and chime in.