Gigabyte GA-G31-ES2L Rev. 2.4 Perfection

Inmike02

4 posts in this topic

Hello out there! Wanted to share my positive experience with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion GM. I am going to list my hardware parts and all of the steps I took.

Parts:

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core E5800 @ 3.20 GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G31-ES2L Rev. 2.4

RAM: 4 GB (2x2 GB) Patriot DDR2 800 MHz

Harddrive: 64 GB Kingston SSDNow V100 SSD

Harddrive: 500 GB Western Digital Caviar Blue 7200 RPM

Optical: LG 24x DVD-R/RW Burner OEM Sata

Graphics: Gigabyte GeForce GT220 1 GB

Ethernet: TP-Link TG-3269 Gigabit PCI Network Adapter

Wireless: EdiMAX EW-7811UN Wireless-N USB 2.0 Adapter

Webcam: HP Widescreen Lifecam 3100

Bluetooth: AZiO Bluetooth 2.1 USB 2.0 Adapter

Power Supply: MaxCOOL 500-Watt PSU

Procedure:

1) Follow MaLD0n's Guide here, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729, to make a bootable USB Install Disk. I have already thanked, but I must thank again for all the hard work and effort MaLD0n and all the other generous people who make creating home built Mac's possible. Thank you!

2) I diverged a little from MaLD0n's guide towards the end, because I found using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.7.2, credit to TonyMacx86, helped with the post install process a little.

3) Once you have complete step 1 and you do all the registration stuff necessary, run the wonderful tool DSDT Auto-Patcher. You can find this if you browse the forums here.

4) After you run the DSDT Auto-Patcher, you then run [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.7.2. This can be found on TonyMacx86's website.

a) I selected the following options and nothing else. UserDSDT, System Utilities (Rebuild Caches & Repair Permissions), EvOreboot, NullCPUPowerManagement, Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6, 64-bit Apple Boot Screen, PCI Root ID Fix, Instant Menu, Theme (Optional), & OSx86 Software (ALL)

5) Once that has completed, run Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r1083 package referenced in MaLD0n's Guide. Select the top option of Chameleon 2.0 and a theme if you like. Remember to select the install location to the partition that you have this version of Lion installed on.

6) Place the file titled Gigabyte888b.kext in the folder ~/Extra/Extensions/

7) The last thing you need to install is sound. I do not remember where I found it, but it has made my life so much better. Credit to the person that discovered this. It is called 10.6.2-AppleHDAInstaller.pkg. Run that and you should be done with all the important install stuff.

8) Restart and make sure your bios is configured to have the drive containing this Lion partition as it's primary boot drive. Sometimes I experience a CMOS reset when I completely shutdown my computer. If anyone knows a fix for this, I am all ears.

Voila! You are done and should have a very nice running home built Mac for under $500. Please comment if you have any questions, but I want to make sure you know I did not come up with any of this stuff--I ran procedures and learned from people who devote lots and lots of time to making this difficult stuff relatively easy. Give credit where credit is due. Thank you!

GigabyteALC888b.kext.zip

This Guide worked perfectly for my GA-P35-DS3L setup

Nvidia 9400GT 1GB card worked with no tweaks required -

Added latest Sleepenabler.kext to fix sleep issues -

Audio works with legacyhda.kext in E/E and old AppleHDA.kext (from 10.6.x) in S/L/E -

• 2 weeks later...