[GUIDE] OSX Lion on non-GUID (works on final too)

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

painguy

painguy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Getting a Mach Reboot everytime i load up the installer :D I guess it doesn't like my CPU? :/

T@o

T@o

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi there! i have already a dual boot with SL 10.6.8 and windows 7 and would really love to be able to just update the SL to lion. Correct me if am wrong but of what i have read so far in your guide this should be possible with it, but i am having a little problem after following every step to create the installation media, i boot up the drive all right but on the main screen where u are to choose your language, it shut down my computer after selecting my language. Can you please help me with this? thanks you in advance.

HappyHackintosh

HappyHackintosh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:RETIRED GEEK

No you cannot because it is on MBR partition that you installed......I'm working for patching the combo updates.......right now on 10.7.2.....I'll post here how to update.....

Currently my Snow Leopard/Windows 7 install is on hybrid GPU/GUID for SL & MBR for WIN7. They are on different HDDs. I built SL on a GPU/GUID HDD which was the only HDD connected to my PC. I then disconnected that SL on HDD. I then connected a second HDD to my PC and installed Win 7 normally [MBR].

I have been able to always perform SL updates using downloads from Apple[some combo updates] I have been able ALSO to perform some updates answering OK to SL's notification.

Are you saying, that if I put Lion on a HDD formated as MBR, I NO LONGER will be able to download Lion updates and use them? That I only can use those Lion 7.x.x updates if LION is on GUID/GPU?

I am confused because so many folks have said there are no problems associated with installing LION on MBR [clean install not SL upgrade to Lion].

harujaru666

harujaru666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
haiii, uhh i have a problem with my hackintosh. I folowed ur instructions and when i boot up to chamelion to mosx base system, it loads up the kexts and just turns black

any help?

p.s i'm an 11yo so i started a year ago and i need help ;)

koundinya_avk

koundinya_avk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hi, I tried this method to each and every word. However, I am not able to boot from the usbPosted Image.On F12, if I select usb drive to boot from, it gives "No operating system found" error. If I try with my existing leopard installation by pressing F8 at boot up and choosing the usb drive it gives

Loaded HFS+file: [System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist]
Loading Darwin 10.7
Loading Kernel custom
Can't find custom

Please help

edit:
I don't know why the booting doesn't work when using my 8 gb pen drive. I was able to boot when I created the installation media on my external hard disk. However I am now stuck on "Still waiting for root device" error during installation.

koundinya_avk

koundinya_avk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

I don't know why the booting doesn't work when using my 8 gb pen drive. I was able to boot when I created the installation media on my external hard disk. However I am now stuck on "Still waiting for root device" error during installation.

I found out why my 8gb pen drive wasn't working. Its because it formatted as GUID partitioning scheme. I formatted it to MBR and now its working.

I am stuck at the "Still waiting for the root device" issue. I have set AHCI mode in my bios.

Javed Alam

Javed Alam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi Aju Deeju
thanks for the excellent guide.
i followed your guide, boot from the usb, but when i click on customize button, i get blank selection screen. anyway i install lion, it is working fine, but no graphics, keyboard, lan etc. even the search is not working.

my system is
Dell Studio 1558
core i7 Q720 @ 1.6ghz
ati radeon hd 5470
4 gb ram

jondav2006

jondav2006

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I can confirm Hackintosh2000's statement above - even though the paths are same, the file names from Nawcom's patch and actual Lion dmg are different. Trying to boot by replacing the files (after renaming the files which have different names to those of existing files) causes the boot process to crash halfway and the system resets with no warnings.

Even tried myHack; that too does not work.

thomazz

thomazz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys,

I followed this guide and stuck at installation step 9.

Just simply stop at Still waiting for boot device.

I have tried to unplug every HDD (except the 1 i wish to install Lion), DVDrom, tried every sata port configured my bios setting accordingly but still no luck at all.

Also tried -v -s -f -x and whatever combination i can find for my motherboard everytime just stuck at the same place.

Processor - Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz, 2800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

Motherboard - System Model G31M-ES2L
Graphic Card - NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

RAM - 2GB X 2 Kingston 800

Any suggestion

TheRacerMaster

TheRacerMaster

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
@jondav: Show us the contents of your BaseSystem.dmg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy