[GUIDE] OSX Lion on non-GUID (works on final too)

Aju Deeju

130 posts in this topic

I don't know why the booting doesn't work when using my 8 gb pen drive. I was able to boot when I created the installation media on my external hard disk. However I am now stuck on "Still waiting for root device" error during installation.

I found out why my 8gb pen drive wasn't working. Its because it formatted as GUID partitioning scheme. I formatted it to MBR and now its working.

I am stuck at the "Still waiting for the root device" issue. I have set AHCI mode in my bios.

• 3 weeks later...

hi Aju Deeju

thanks for the excellent guide.

i followed your guide, boot from the usb, but when i click on customize button, i get blank selection screen. anyway i install lion, it is working fine, but no graphics, keyboard, lan etc. even the search is not working.

my system is

Dell Studio 1558

core i7 Q720 @ 1.6ghz

ati radeon hd 5470

4 gb ram

• 1 month later...

I can confirm Hackintosh2000's statement above - even though the paths are same, the file names from Nawcom's patch and actual Lion dmg are different. Trying to boot by replacing the files (after renaming the files which have different names to those of existing files) causes the boot process to crash halfway and the system resets with no warnings.

Even tried myHack; that too does not work.

• 6 months later...

Hey guys,

I followed this guide and stuck at installation step 9.

Just simply stop at Still waiting for boot device.

I have tried to unplug every HDD (except the 1 i wish to install Lion), DVDrom, tried every sata port configured my bios setting accordingly but still no luck at all.

Also tried -v -s -f -x and whatever combination i can find for my motherboard everytime just stuck at the same place.

Processor - Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz, 2800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

Motherboard - System Model G31M-ES2L

Graphic Card - NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

RAM - 2GB X 2 Kingston 800

Any suggestion

• 1 month later...