[GUIDE] OSX Lion on non-GUID (works on final too)

Aju Deeju

130 posts in this topic

Do you have a link for Kext Helper and a Chameleon GUI? Also, where/how do I verify and repair permissions in Disk Utility?

Kext wizard is a better utility. You can find it HERE.

If you want to download a new theme try THIS ONE. You have to log in to preview it and download it.

Here is how you repair permissions through disk utility.

repair_permissions.jpg

There is also a button to repair permissions in Kext Wizard. I believe if you do it on S\L\E after installing some kexts you don't have to repair permissions in Disk Utility.

Well download this file and extract it copy the contents in the extracted folder to the root of your USB....(copy and replace)

Did exactly that, and I still get no mouse or keyboard at the install screen... this is really starting to annoy me; everything suggests it should work but it doesn't. Could it be to do with my mobo (GA-H55M-UD2H) or BIOS settings?

others have used this method to install lion on my board...

i however can make the usb drive fine... boot off it... does all the loading then it lulls me into thinking its working and all i get is the nice new grey screen before the options come up... sleep work on the grey screen as i have left it for over half an hour hoping...

anyone any idea what is happening... so frustrating... the snow install is on my test HD and works perfectly and is completely fresh...

others have used this method to install lion on my board...

i however can make the usb drive fine... boot off it... does all the loading then it lulls me into thinking its working and all i get is the nice new grey screen before the options come up... sleep work on the grey screen as i have left it for over half an hour hoping...

anyone any idea what is happening... so frustrating... the snow install is on my test HD and works perfectly and is completely fresh...

Didn't get you ......you couldn't get to install screen or after install?

Didn't get you ......you couldn't get to install screen or after install?

sorry...

well while all the kexts load you see the grey screen - then it goes black - then the light blue then darker blue(just like snow) then you get the new grey back ground where the box then gives you options should appear in front of... but that box doesnt show and all you see is the grey background... and no mouse pointer... no response to keyboard and more importantly no box with the 4 options...

<br />sorry...<br /><br />well while all the kexts load you see the grey screen - then it goes black - then the light blue then darker blue(just like snow) then you get the new grey back ground where the box then gives you options should appear in front of... but that box doesnt show and all you see is the grey background... and no mouse pointer... no response to keyboard and more importantly no box with the 4 options...<br />

Try booting using:

-v maxmem=2048

thanks...

tired -v maxmem=2048 gets stuck after stock 1...

tried - v -s gets to grey screen

tried my extra for snow gets to grey screen...

any more ideas???

Ok....delete the extra folder in the root of your installation media and open up terminal in your existing mac and type in:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

killall Finder

then open up the root of your snow leopard disk and copy your extra folder into the root of your Lion installation media

and install this chameleon to the Lion installation.

Hey all,

I get to the select language part of the Lion installation, then after I select the language, it seems like the installer kills all processes and shuts down the machine. Might this have to do with OSInstall.mpkg finding something wrong? Or does it have to do with a hardware issue?

kext loading now disabled

Kept unloading now disabled

Kept auto unloading now disabled

Kernel requests now disabled

Com.apple.launchd

Syncing disks.... Killing all processes

Continuing

Done

CPU Halted

Any help would be wildly appreciated.