[GUIDE] OSX Lion on non-GUID (works on final too)

Aju Deeju

130 posts in this topic

I dunno. I did a cumbersome work around. What I can say is that when I went into which ever Packages folder there was no OSInstall.mpkg. I think it was "OSInstall.pkg". Two different file names.

Keep in mind this was on the App Store download. nawcom's simple command line method worked fine on all other Lions including GM... just not retail. Did your method work on the Retail Lion or are you just assuming it will work because it worked on GM?

I too downloaded from the appstore and mounted the Basesystem.dmg then deleted the Packages link and copied packages folder but there was an OSInstall.mpkg there.....and ya my method works fine even in Final because I am using final version and sending this message from it 

Are we talking about this?

Yup...by the by which is your ethernet card?

I too downloaded from the appstore and mounted the Basesystem.dmg then deleted the Packages link and copied packages folder but there was an OSInstall.mpkg there.....and ya my method works fine even in Final because I am using final version and sending this message from it 

Yup...by the by which is your ethernet card?

Built-in on the p8p67 pro

I too downloaded from the appstore and mounted the Basesystem.dmg then deleted the Packages link and copied packages folder but there was an OSInstall.mpkg there.....and ya my method works fine even in Final.

Cool thanks for confirming. I may give it a try sometime.

Connect to the realtek ethernet port and install the lnx2mac driver....and reboot...It will work

I installed, but I cannot seem to find my internet connection in the settings app. Any thoughts?

Edit: I first installed the Lion Extra.pkg, then Chameleon, then Realtek Ethernet Patch, rebooted using the USB media, but no internet detected.

:rolleyes:

Will I always encounter all this text and stuff when I boot to Mac?

Edit: Ahh, {censored}. Now it wont boot at all. I choose Mac in Chameleon on boot, and I just keep getting stuck on this black-and-white text. "System uptime in nanoseconds: xxxxxx"

Will I always encounter all this text and stuff when I boot to Mac?

Edit: Ahh, {censored}. Now it wont boot at all. I choose Mac in Chameleon on boot, and I just keep getting stuck on this black-and-white text. "System uptime in nanoseconds: xxxxxx"

Did you install any other things like new kexts or something?

Try booting from installation media again...

Edit:

If you can't get it inside Lion then reinstall and run this package after installation.....no need of any other post installation stuff

Did you install any other things like new kexts or something?

Try booting from installation media again...

Edit:

If you can't get it inside Lion then reinstall and run this package after installation.....no need of any other post installation stuff

Installed a kext for my gfx card.

Couldnt get in with the USB either, reinstalling now. I have the GTX570. Reinstalling now.

After reinstall install the Andy's pkg in the link I gave you and do not do any other post installation activities....i'll look for the solution for gfx card..

After reinstall install the Andy's pkg in the link I gave you and do not do any other post installation activities....i'll look for the solution for gfx card..

I did, but now I have to press F8 and select the USB as boot device. If I dont, I just end up on a Black Screen with a white flashing "_". And booting Lion from the USB took a long time. And what do you know, Lion froze.

Edit: Okay.. i think my system is f***'ed. I formatted the Mac-partition, so now I only have Windows Installed. However, when I boot, I'm stuck at the black screen with the flashing "_". I certainly hope this isnt permanent?

I did, but now I have to press F8 and select the USB as boot device. If I dont, I just end up on a Black Screen with a white flashing "_". And booting Lion from the USB took a long time. And what do you know, Lion froze.

Edit: Okay.. i think my system is f***'ed. I formatted the Mac-partition, so now I only have Windows Installed. However, when I boot, I'm stuck at the black screen with the flashing "_". I certainly hope this isnt permanent?

Are you planning to install Lion again?.....If not then boot into Lion installation media with -s

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (press Enter)

flag 1 (press Enter)

quit(Enter and answer y for any qns asked)

Reboot to have your iPC to be PC

I really want to install Lion, bit I just cant get it to work. Will try a few more times later.

I got the GM working after unsuccessful 43 attempts including the loss of my important files of company ....lucky I had a backup.

Nyways next time try the post-installation steps I mentioned in the Guide.....and do not install the Gfx driver....I'll find a solution for it....

EDIT:

Yup try this

I got the GM working after unsuccessful 43 attempts including the loss of my important files of company ....lucky I had a backup.

Nyways next time try the post-installation steps I mentioned in the Guide.....and do not install the Gfx driver....I'll find a solution for it....

EDIT:

Yup try this

When I install Chameleon, is there any specific Packages I have to install other than "Chameleon"? (Like Theme, PrefPane etc..)

Edit: Oh, and btw, it was that kext I installed that screwed it up.

Edit 2: I also got dual monitors, forgot to mention, if it has anything to say.

Edit 3: Uhm.. I still cant get internet, full rezolution, USB3.0 or anything..