[GUIDE] OSX Lion on non-GUID (works on final too)

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

ErikDjupvik

ErikDjupvik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Yes of course follow same procedure as upgrading from GM.

Found a solution for your Applications issue.....
Keep your applications in the separate disk and right click on each application to create an alias (approx. 123 kb) and copy it to the application folder of your Lion and Voila!!!

For your migration issue use this Info.plist instead of the one I gave above in the Guide....please let me know if it works or not.
:angel:
||
||
||
\/

I am trying a reinstall right now. If it doesent work, I'll try the new info.plist

Edit: Worked with reinstall. :)

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

I am trying a reinstall right now. If it doesent work, I'll try the new info.plist

Edit: Worked with reinstall. :angel:

Did the applications work?

Hackintosh2000

Hackintosh2000

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

It is exactly in the same location and I hope you are trying to find it in basesystem and not in InstallESD

I dunno. I did a cumbersome work around. What I can say is that when I went into which ever Packages folder there was no OSInstall.mpkg. I think it was "OSInstall.pkg". Two different file names.

Keep in mind this was on the App Store download. nawcom's simple command line method worked fine on all other Lions including GM... just not retail. Did your method work on the Retail Lion or are you just assuming it will work because it worked on GM?

ErikDjupvik

ErikDjupvik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Did the applications work?

I havent tried that out yet. However, I cannot start DSDT Auto-Patcher. "To open "DSDT Auto-Patcher," you need to install a Java runtime, but you are not connected to the Internet."

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

I havent tried that out yet. However, I cannot start DSDT Auto-Patcher. "To open "DSDT Auto-Patcher," you need to install a Java runtime, but you are not connected to the Internet."

Download and install lnx2mac ethernet drivers

ErikDjupvik

ErikDjupvik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Download and install lnx2mac ethernet drivers

Are we talking about this?

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

I dunno. I did a cumbersome work around. What I can say is that when I went into which ever Packages folder there was no OSInstall.mpkg. I think it was "OSInstall.pkg". Two different file names.

Keep in mind this was on the App Store download. nawcom's simple command line method worked fine on all other Lions including GM... just not retail. Did your method work on the Retail Lion or are you just assuming it will work because it worked on GM?

I too downloaded from the appstore and mounted the Basesystem.dmg then deleted the Packages link and copied packages folder but there was an OSInstall.mpkg there.....and ya my method works fine even in Final because I am using final version and sending this message from it 

Are we talking about this?

Yup...by the by which is your ethernet card?

ErikDjupvik

ErikDjupvik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

I too downloaded from the appstore and mounted the Basesystem.dmg then deleted the Packages link and copied packages folder but there was an OSInstall.mpkg there.....and ya my method works fine even in Final because I am using final version and sending this message from it 

Yup...by the by which is your ethernet card?

Built-in on the p8p67 pro

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Built-in on the p8p67 pro

Connect to the realtek ethernet port and install the lnx2mac driver....and reboot...It will work

Hackintosh2000

Hackintosh2000

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

I too downloaded from the appstore and mounted the Basesystem.dmg then deleted the Packages link and copied packages folder but there was an OSInstall.mpkg there.....and ya my method works fine even in Final.

Cool thanks for confirming. I may give it a try sometime.

ErikDjupvik

ErikDjupvik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Connect to the realtek ethernet port and install the lnx2mac driver....and reboot...It will work

I installed, but I cannot seem to find my internet connection in the settings app. Any thoughts?

Edit: I first installed the Lion Extra.pkg, then Chameleon, then Realtek Ethernet Patch, rebooted using the USB media, but no internet detected.

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

I installed, but I cannot seem to find my internet connection in the settings app. Any thoughts?

Did you reboot?
and have you connected the ethernet cable to the realtek Port?

ErikDjupvik

ErikDjupvik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Did you reboot?
and have you connected the ethernet cable to the realtek Port?

The Realtek port? As far as I'm aware, there is only one ethernet port on my computer?

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

The Realtek port? As far as I'm aware, there is only one ethernet port on my computer?

Install Java downloaded from here

ErikDjupvik

ErikDjupvik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Install Java downloaded from here

Thank you :rolleyes:

Edit: Umm.. how do I access the root of my Lion installation? The only Drive/Partition I can't see in Finder is "Mac", where I installed Lion.

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Thank you :rolleyes:

Edit: Umm.. how do I access the root of my Lion installation? The only Drive/Partition I can't see in Finder is "Mac", where I installed Lion.

Open up terminal and type in

open /

ErikDjupvik

ErikDjupvik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Open up terminal and type in

Thanks again. Dude, you're a god.

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Thanks again. Dude, you're a god.

:rolleyes:

ErikDjupvik

ErikDjupvik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

:rolleyes:

Will I always encounter all this text and stuff when I boot to Mac?

Edit: Ahh, {censored}. Now it wont boot at all. I choose Mac in Chameleon on boot, and I just keep getting stuck on this black-and-white text. "System uptime in nanoseconds: xxxxxx"

Aju Deeju

Aju Deeju

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Will I always encounter all this text and stuff when I boot to Mac?

Edit: Ahh, {censored}. Now it wont boot at all. I choose Mac in Chameleon on boot, and I just keep getting stuck on this black-and-white text. "System uptime in nanoseconds: xxxxxx"

Did you install any other things like new kexts or something?

Try booting from installation media again...

Edit:
If you can't get it inside Lion then reinstall and run this package after installation.....no need of any other post installation stuff

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy