LION HARD RAID BOOT (ARECA 1880ix) - Working -

mac-hacks

3 posts in this topic

I started using Mac's in late 90's. Just built my 1st Hackintosh. few months ago. I could use some help with setuo GA-P67-UD7-B3, i7-2600K , 16GB 1066 RSKILL DD3, NVIDIA Quadro 4000 for Mac, ARECA 1880ix PCIe SAS/RAID Controller with 8 HHD in RAID 1/0 & 10 x RANDOM SDD config, still debating on setup. Plan to boot OSX, UBUNTU, & Windows

I know 4 x 60GB OCZ ALIGITY 3 will be in RAID 0 for booting using ARECA CARD.

1st ? which firmwware GPT or MBR? I've tested OS on HD that are not using port from ARECA CARD. Im able to boot into any of 3 OS with either firmware

2 I could use halp or suggestion along with link to tutorial for booting OSX hardware raids on INTEL MOBO.

I started using Mac's in late 90's. Just built my 1st Hackintosh. few months ago. I could use some help with setuo GA-P67-UD7-B3, i7-2600K , 16GB 1066 RSKILL DD3, NVIDIA Quadro 4000 for Mac, ARECA 1880ix PCIe SAS/RAID Controller with 8 HHD in RAID 1/0 & 10 x RANDOM SDD config, still debating on setup. Plan to boot OSX, UBUNTU, & Windows

I know 4 x 60GB OCZ ALIGITY 3 will be in RAID 0 for booting using ARECA CARD.

1st ? which firmwware GPT or MBR? I've tested OS on HD that are not using port from ARECA CARD. Im able to boot into any of 3 OS with either firmware

2 I could use halp or suggestion along with link to tutorial for booting OSX hardware raids on INTEL MOBO.

I'm booting LION GM with ARECA 1880ix

1. You have to use MBR Firmware unless you know way to use refit on hackintosh or programmer. To use GPT firmware you have to envoke firmware w/ command using refit terminal via Arece Instructions. Chameleon would not load when i tried GPT firmware.

2. i use usb method from here. I uee Pacifist to extract New Lion ArcMSR.kext to mounted Install USB/System/Library/Extensoons & i added to Extra/Extension.

3. I use Hackboot 6 to load LION's 1st boot after install.

• 7 months later...