Will Lion work with the following parts:

4cpukid

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone I am about to build my first Hackintosh computer but I would like to know if my parts will work with Lion and if not Lion hopefully snow Leopard.

Motherboard: ASUS M4A77D

RAM: 4GB DDR2

HDD: 500GB SATA (3GBs)

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 3.0GHz 940

Video Card: nVidia GeForce 9500 GT

I think that is it.

Thank You so much in advance I really appreciate it - :)

Unless you're operating under budget, I'd recommend bumping up some of those parts and making it an Intel build. Looking at Newegg, a lot of these parts are quite old and obsolete.

For general purpose computing, you can build any of the listed builds here and have 100% compatibility and Lion compatibility. Choose the one that fits your budget the best.

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/06/bui...e-customac.html

When a AMD patched kernel for lion is released you should be able to run the OS at that time.

OK; Do you have an approximation of when the kernel may be out. AND ALSO I should of mentions that the specs you see is a rebuilt PC I built two years ago.

OK; Do you have an approximation of when the kernel may be out. AND ALSO I should of mentions that the specs you see is a rebuilt PC I built two years ago.

It will be released when it's ready, and you will hear about it on here or other places.

Those components are still obsolete. Go with intel if you don't want to have headaches.

It will be released when it's ready, and you will hear about it on here or other places.

Those components are still obsolete. Go with intel if you don't want to have headaches.

I know it can be hard and frustrating with AMD since Macs are built for Intel these days but what kind of issues do most AMD installs experience during the dual boot (I need to do dual boot since I already have Windows 7 installed on HDD 1 and I planned to install Mac OSX on HDD 2. Thanks in Advance.