updated; with Install + update Video : FULL GUIDE TOSHIBA Satellite L500 / Ati 4650 (Intel PM45 / ICH9M )

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

CharlieSheen

CharlieSheen

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Ball
So an ATI 5xxx series GPU would definitely be an iMac 11,2 or 11,3

Theres only a few lines in the info.plist file pertaining to the 11,2 and 11,3, especially when compared to the 10,1 and the 11,1 for the 4xxx cards. Which is:

<key>GFX0</key>				<dict>					<key>control-id</key>					<integer>17</integer>				</dict>				<key>LogControl</key>				<integer>0</integer>

For both 11,2 and 11,3, hmm i guess i will see what happens when i try it.

Edit: It works, thank you for the help.

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Apple Software, iOS , OSX86, Creativity and a lot of non-tech stuff.
deleted, old infos outdated.

I cleaned up the mess in this Guide and re-ordered it for Readability and change options to the easiest possible :)

All you need to know now and all files is on page 1. it covers installation of 10.7 and the update to 10.7.1 plus some speed tweaks. Lion is a beast.. but you can tame the cat !

:-)

Edited by smartie77, 17 August 2011 - 07:46 PM.

antoniomoises

antoniomoises

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi,

My computer is toshiba A-500, all is working okay, but i have two problems:

1st- How to put system in x64 bits mode?

2nd- How to enable SleepEnabler in 10.7.1?

Thanks,

Varcolacu

Varcolacu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi!

I have a Satelite L500, and it works just great. Just two things keep bugging me :

1. I don't seem to have any VGA or HDMI signal. I connect the cables but nothing appears on the screen. System prefs say i don't have anything connected.

2. Does Bluetooth work for you? I can't seem to find anything to make it work.

Other than that, you did a great job! Thanks for the wonderful guide and resources provided.
Keep up the good work!

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Apple Software, iOS , OSX86, Creativity and a lot of non-tech stuff.

Hi!

I have a Satelite L500, and it works just great. Just two things keep bugging me :

1. I don't seem to have any VGA or HDMI signal. I connect the cables but nothing appears on the screen. System prefs say i don't have anything connected.

2. Does Bluetooth work for you? I can't seem to find anything to make it work.

Other than that, you did a great job! Thanks for the wonderful guide and resources provided.
Keep up the good work!

Hi,

1. try the latest 11c40 kexts for Lion, see update to topic1 or sig, I have patched them with all values, vga and hdmi. The values to patch are inside the zip package as textedit document. So you can apply them yourself or switch values around.

2. My Toshiba has no BT module. ( I know that there are models with BT, with modem .. - but mine has not ).

The only thing that I know that L500 with BT has a combined pci-e card that has Wifi and BT on the same chip. So maybe that's the issue ? Don't know if Apple uses such cards or how they implement BT in their Macbooks.

martinlbb

martinlbb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
First of all, thanks for this usefull howto (Although i didn't switch yet to Lion!, I prefer SL) ;)

Like everybody, I was worried about native Wi-Fi support on Toshiba L500 series.
Genuine Wi-Fi chip (RTL8191SE) don't seems to be supported yet.

Then, I swap cards, and installed an Atheros AR5008. Unfortunately, Bios silently discarded my card (whitelist), and unpowered it.
I had two options, cover pin20 of my card (to ignore power/unpower signal) OR extract/modify BIOS whitelist. I did the second option and it work pretty well now!

For tech guys, withelist is located in BIOSCOD02.ROM, between offset 49F0 and 4A20.

By the way, here is the complete whitelist for Toshiba L500 series, this could be usefull to change your wificard without trouble... And good news, some Atheros cards are listed :)

168C:002A (Atheros AR928X)
168C:002B (Atheros AR9285)
8086:4235 (Intel WiFi Link 5300)
8086:4232 (Intel WiFi Link 5100)
8086:423C (Intel WiFi Link 5150)
10EC:8199 (Realtek 8187SE)
10EC:8192 (Realtek 8192SE)
10EC:8172 (Realtek 8191SE)

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

First of all, thanks for this usefull howto (Although i didn't switch yet to Lion!, I prefer SL) :)

Like everybody, I was worried about native Wi-Fi support on Toshiba L500 series.
Genuine Wi-Fi chip (RTL8191SE) don't seems to be supported yet.

Then, I swap cards, and installed an Atheros AR5008. Unfortunately, Bios silently discarded my card (whitelist), and unpowered it.
I had two options, cover pin20 of my card (to ignore power/unpower signal) OR extract/modify BIOS whitelist. I did the second option and it work pretty well now!

For tech guys, withelist is located in BIOSCOD02.ROM, between offset 49F0 and 4A20.

By the way, here is the complete whitelist for Toshiba L500 series, this could be usefull to change your wificard without trouble... And good news, some Atheros cards are listed :)

168C:002A (Atheros AR928X)
168C:002B (Atheros AR9285)
8086:4235 (Intel WiFi Link 5300)
8086:4232 (Intel WiFi Link 5100)
8086:423C (Intel WiFi Link 5150)
10EC:8199 (Realtek 8187SE)
10EC:8192 (Realtek 8192SE)
10EC:8172 (Realtek 8191SE)

thanks, useful infos.

btw : Ralink have updated their official usb-dongle drivers to support Lion now. No need anymore for 3rd party connection utility.

criverock

criverock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
hi smartie! I've updated to 10.7.2 using the new ati kexts you posted, but I have gray screen at the boot. What it could be? Thanks

criverock

criverock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I've managed to fix the gray screen. Now webcam is not working anymore (after the update). Do you think a rollback to previous kext is suitable? in that case which is the kext?

criverock

criverock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Please smartie, can you give me some hints about how to make the vga port to work? I simply have a black screen, no recognition. What could be the reason? Do you know how can I solve it? Thanks a lot

yeah im karl

yeah im karl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have installed all the ati kext things
and i just hang on a grey screen

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
@ALL : please do not misuse this part of the forum as a discussion board; for I have not the time to answer questions here; It is only a Guide and I will ONLY keep topic 1 on page 1 up to date for new OS X versions, new kexts or new methods .

I know it might sound "rude" but it simply is : If my kexts are working for your Graphics then fine, if not you simply need different ones or hexedit yourself ones ( also for VGA,HDMI etc output or if your frame buffer is not "Ati,Shrike" ) . This forum has tons of knowledge for how to make hardware working, including these patching methods. It is not simple, but then again I needed also to learn all this things for my Laptop ( CI/QE never worked until Snow 10.6.7 and only until I did these patching stuff.. )

Remember : my graphic kexts will ONLY work if yours is exactly my card : Device ID 9480 with Shrike Framebuffer and LVDS output.. )

The other kexts like Trackpad,Sound and so on will work naturally on a lot of different hardware too, but Graphics is special.

Thank you :king:

Edited by smartie77, 20 January 2012 - 11:53 AM.

praetorius

praetorius

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
i just want to thank you for this guide, it helped me a lot in my quest to install OsX in my laptop.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 10.7.3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy