• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

notyethere

notyethere

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I joined this forum because I need help.

Acer Aspire One D250
Cpu: Intel Atom 1.6ghz
HDD: 160gb
Ram: 1gb
all stock

I successfully installed Win7 Ultimate. Then I installed Linux Mint 11. They both ran beautifully. I even upgraded to Burg for visual stimuli. I have read many forums about a triple boot with Win,Linux, and OsX. They all have pictures and video links and everything looks straight forward. But when i attempted to install iAtkos S3 v2 with the others I had boot problems and then system crashes. I need to know what is the best combination of things to install in order to complete this project. Is there a tutorial for this triple boot with the netbooks? Should I use another distribution?
Ps I am attempting to install all three on the same drive. Is that even possible with this 32bit Acer

Which version of the osx86 do it you use for this acer A1. Any help will appreciated. :D :P

DVBuka

DVBuka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I joined this forum because I need help.

Acer Aspire One D250
Cpu: Intel Atom 1.6ghz
HDD: 160gb
Ram: 1gb
all stock

I successfully installed Win7 Ultimate. Then I installed Linux Mint 11. They both ran beautifully. I even upgraded to Burg for visual stimuli. I have read many forums about a triple boot with Win,Linux, and OsX. They all have pictures and video links and everything looks straight forward. But when i attempted to install iAtkos S3 v2 with the others I had boot problems and then system crashes. I need to know what is the best combination of things to install in order to complete this project. Is there a tutorial for this triple boot with the netbooks? Should I use another distribution?
Ps I am attempting to install all three on the same drive. Is that even possible with this 32bit Acer

Which version of the osx86 do it you use for this acer A1. Any help will appreciated. ;) :P

I install MacOS X 10.6.6 Hazard on first partition of HDD instead hidden partition PQSERVICE. On second partition stay Windows XP Home. I resize this partition and created ext3 and swop and install Ubuntu for netbooks. First boot Chameleon, after F8 may select MacOS, WinXP or Ubuntu. Good Luck!

Z0ID

Z0ID

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:mac / ios / bsd / linux / dos / win / c / c++ / java / php / sql / BartPE / TeutonPE / ubnhd2
Hey just saw your post

Last week I made it working after some unsuccessful attempts and large amounts of coffee... xD

1) Use GPT Partition Layout

2) I use 4 Partitions:
1. EFI Partition (u CAN use it for chameleon)
2. TeutonPE (based on WindowsXP) (NTFS) Installed via Thumbdrive
3. OSX 10.6.8 (HFS) Installed via Thumbdrive
4. Debian Squeeze (Ext4) Installed via Thumbdrive prepared via Unetbootin

3) First install Windows
(create and resync HybridMBR after every reboot during this installation)
I used a thumbdrive with gParted debian distro, run Terminal / and use gDisk
It also works via rEFIt but it was unsuccesfull for me...
BTW: dont forget to use NLite to slipstream the SATA Drivers into the windows Setup Medium...

4) then OSX and Chameleon ( I use Meklort`s modified Bootloader to have 1024x600 resolution with GMA 3150)

5) then boot the debian installation thumbdrive but only Format the last drive and install Grub on it ( /dev/sda4 in my case & not in the main Partition !!!) dont install now just reboot and

6) Again boot gParted from Thumbdrive and again run gDisk resync the HybridMBR on the Windows Partition

7) Now you can Boot again the debian Setup and install the system but without Formatting the drive before means leave the filesystem completely untouched. Debian warns you that you dont have a clean drive to install on, {censored} on it

Sounds crazy I know but i was succesfull at the end, Chameleon recognizes and boots all three systems

g00d luck

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy