Finished install.. won't boot

audiodan19

1 post in this topic

Hi, new member here.

I have a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4467 with a triple boot (Win7-64bit,XP,Ubuntu-64bit). I decided to format my Ubuntu partition and try iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5. Installation went fine but the MacOS starts loading then hangs and my system automatically restarts. I tried reinstalling with patches/options I thought best fit my system but the farthest I can get is a grey screen that says I need to restart my system. I did the -v boot option and from what I can understand from it is the problem is "No HPETs available... CPU(s) configured incorrectly... ect ect." I have searched this forum and on google and the from what I understand has something to do with DSTD's. I've looked at the patchers and editors but really have no clue what I'm doing with them. I'd say I have a slightly higher than averaged knowledge of computers(pretty much no coding/programming) but I'm kinda lost on this one. I've posted pics with info

Thanks for anyone that can help.

UPDATE: I seem to have gotten past my initial problem by using a lower kernal version, but now I get "still waiting for root device.."

I tried redirecting the loader to the correct disk and partition but still get the same thing.

UPDATE2: After spending all day trying different customizations and realizing that I have to erase the previous data before reinstalling with new settings, I finally got it to boot up. However, wireless and sound doesn't work. Also it only seems to be recognizing 1 cpu core. Sound isn't really a big deal but the best I can find is a driver without WPA support which really isn't useful to me. It is what it is. If anyone knows of a fully compatible intel pro 3945 wireless driver plz let me know.

post-830704-1310341397_thumb.jpg

post-830704-1310341417_thumb.jpg

post-830704-1310341432_thumb.jpg

post-830704-1310341457_thumb.jpg

post-830704-1310341473_thumb.jpg