Does -F work in Lion?

brockwitting

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

This is related to another post I have in the post-install forum, but I figured I would focus on a single issue here. Does the -f kernel flag actually work in Lion? I am having a problem with a system that when I boot into single user mode, and then simply type exit, I have full graphics acceleration, but if I do a normal reboot, I do not. I am assuming this is related to the fact that booting -s reloads all kernel extensions, so I assumed that the -f flag would work, but it does not seem to be doing anything at all. Does anyone know if it actually works, and I simply have another issue, or is this a known bug, or is there a way around this? Thank you!

Hello,

This is related to another post I have in the post-install forum, but I figured I would focus on a single issue here. Does the -f kernel flag actually work in Lion? I am having a problem with a system that when I boot into single user mode, and then simply type exit, I have full graphics acceleration, but if I do a normal reboot, I do not. I am assuming this is related to the fact that booting -s reloads all kernel extensions, so I assumed that the -f flag would work, but it does not seem to be doing anything at all. Does anyone know if it actually works, and I simply have another issue, or is this a known bug, or is there a way around this? Thank you!

Ok, I figured it out, and hopefully the right people read this, because I found a bug. In Chameleon 2.0RC5 Trunk 1083, -f DOES work, but ONLY WHEN -V IS USED ALSO. I have confirmed this by testing through mutiple reboots. On the reboots using -V, -f worked successfully, and I have full OpenGL support. If -v is not used, and only -f is, I do NOT have OpenGL support and my system goes to hell.