• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
I had gone back to 10.6.8. I could not figure out why it's so unstable with lion.

LinearBurn

LinearBurn

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

I had gone back to 10.6.8. I could not figure out why it's so unstable with lion.

one word ...voodoo

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

one word ...voodoo

That's without voodoo! IONetworking and something to do with core services!

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:Sound and Graphic Design. Electronics in general.
As MaLd0n said its not a good idea to use a DSDT from another person identical PC unless you know you have the same motherboard revision, bios, memory, location of the memory and the rest of the devices are the same such as the graphics card. There are always slight differences in the same base model motherboard but with hardware revisions as some of us have observed for example in Gigabyte desktop motherboards.

Some of you who have had kernel panics may want to try the auto patcher by MaLd0n. Just supply him a vanilla (unpatched) DSDT or run his "run_me" from his thread. Read his thread, you cannot run this unless you boot without dsdt override using something like ##### or a linux live cd and getting your dsdt that way.

http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1571259

After he prepares one, you could use an open source application such as diffmerge a gui application based from the command line diff to verify if there are differences or not!!

After you test it and everything is working he eventually adds it to his auto patcher application.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

I got my through him and still had problems

what problem?
USB?

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

what problem?
USB?

MaLOn, I had redid my install. It's not your patch, my usb was not working with PXHCD. But for some reason the cache system on Lion was messing with me. I found this combination of kexts work best with usb while starting. I need to find another PXHCD that works with LION.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

MaLOn, I had redid my install. It's not your patch, my usb was not working with PXHCD. But for some reason the cache system on Lion was messing with me. I found this combination of kexts work best with usb while starting. I need to find another PXHCD that works with LION.

These drivers have caused problems for many users

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
But that driver does fine without usb patch! I can do without USB 3.0, since I have the external hd now in the second hd slot.

kind3rgarten

kind3rgarten

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello,
I'm new here to posting but bear with me.
I first want to thank Jeff for his guide and provided files, THANKS!
I also want to thank Plourde for his guide on Tonymac, that is what got me into this community again, THANKS!
Most of all I think worth thanking though is MaLdOn, THANKS!

Anyways, I now have OS X Lion, Ubuntu 64-bit, and Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my G73SW, but there a couple problems with OSX that I am having. I am not having the usual problems(wifi, sound, acceleration, sleep), I have all that working, and am willing to help others if needed. :wallbash: I pretty much have everything working except for SD card reader, dont use it anyways, USB 3.0, more trouble than its worth, and booting from the hdd. Now, if anyone can help me with booting from the hdd that would be great, because I install Chameleon, the one provided, then add the partition in EasyBCD, and when I select Mac OS X Lion through Chameleon, it just restarts the computer. My only other problem is with the audio input. When I record audio, there seems to be a crackling noise that comes along with it, which totally ruins any audio recording, movie making, screen capturing superiority that OS X may offer. So what I want to ask is, can anyone help me? I will try to help others with things I know about. I also wanted to know, can you guys adjust your brightness, I cant. It bugs me, but I just use a program called "Brightness Control"- http://www.splasm.co...brightness.html. I would also like some input on your battery estimations' from OS X and if it worked out of the box.
Thanks.

P.S.- I have uploaded an audio file, made in audacity, of the crackling effect that is produced, please take a look/listen.

Attached Files

iJet

iJet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello,
I'm new here to posting but bear with me.
I first want to thank Jeff for his guide and provided files, THANKS!
I also want to thank Plourde for his guide on Tonymac, that is what got me into this community again, THANKS!
Most of all I think worth thanking though is MaLdOn, THANKS!

Anyways, I now have OS X Lion, Ubuntu 64-bit, and Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my G73SW, but there a couple problems with OSX that I am having. I am not having the usual problems(wifi, sound, acceleration, sleep), I have all that working, and am willing to help others if needed. :) I pretty much have everything working except for SD card reader, dont use it anyways, USB 3.0, more trouble than its worth, and booting from the hdd. Now, if anyone can help me with booting from the hdd that would be great, because I install Chameleon, the one provided, then add the partition in EasyBCD, and when I select Mac OS X Lion through Chameleon, it just restarts the computer. My only other problem is with the audio input. When I record audio, there seems to be a crackling noise that comes along with it, which totally ruins any audio recording, movie making, screen capturing superiority that OS X may offer. So what I want to ask is, can anyone help me? I will try to help others with things I know about. I also wanted to know, can you guys adjust your brightness, I cant. It bugs me, but I just use a program called "Brightness Control"- http://www.splasm.co...brightness.html. I would also like some input on your battery estimations' from OS X and if it worked out of the box.
Thanks.

P.S.- I have uploaded an audio file, made in audacity, of the crackling effect that is produced, please take a look/listen.

Sorry I do not have a solution to your problem but I wanted to ask what things are working on the g73sw (I mean the full list)? Should I get it? I was thinking of getting it to see how it works with lion but wanted to ask those already having one...

Thanks,
iJet

dfris

dfris

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Well,

I would get the Laptop if you are looking for a cheaper Mac experience. I have the G734 bought from Best Buy, and its great, I have mac on one drive and win 7 on the other.

My mac OSX LION is great, there is a few issuses that i have ran into, and ill list them for you.

1. Sometimes it gives a Kernel Panic on bootup. just have to keep rebooting and using boot flag -f, but then it boots fine, I think its the Voodoohda causing this.

2. You can only use the backlite keys after a sleep, you can not adjust it, like you can in windows.

3. The SD card reader will not work, many have tried to make this work.

4. Sound is not as loud as the windows side. Its loud and usable, but its about 75% of the windows side.

5. HDMI, may or maynot work,

6. USB3 works, but it can leave as well, have to take the battery out to get it back.

So there is the issues iv found with Mac OSX LION. It will be up to you to decide if you can live with those non or simi working features. As for me, I can, and i love my Hackintosh, and for the price, i love it even more. I have a few apps that i have to have windows for, So for me, it doesnt make since to buy a $2700 mac, and load windows on it, for my main programs, when i bought a $1200 laptop and loaded mac on it.

Hope this helps ya

iJet

iJet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Well,

I would get the Laptop if you are looking for a cheaper Mac experience. I have the G734 bought from Best Buy, and its great, I have mac on one drive and win 7 on the other.

My mac OSX LION is great, there is a few issuses that i have ran into, and ill list them for you.

1. Sometimes it gives a Kernel Panic on bootup. just have to keep rebooting and using boot flag -f, but then it boots fine, I think its the Voodoohda causing this.

2. You can only use the backlite keys after a sleep, you can not adjust it, like you can in windows.

3. The SD card reader will not work, many have tried to make this work.

4. Sound is not as loud as the windows side. Its loud and usable, but its about 75% of the windows side.

5. HDMI, may or maynot work,

6. USB3 works, but it can leave as well, have to take the battery out to get it back.

So there is the issues iv found with Mac OSX LION. It will be up to you to decide if you can live with those non or simi working features. As for me, I can, and i love my Hackintosh, and for the price, i love it even more. I have a few apps that i have to have windows for, So for me, it doesnt make since to buy a $2700 mac, and load windows on it, for my main programs, when i bought a $1200 laptop and loaded mac on it.

Hope this helps ya

Thanks for replying. Also, do the graphics work fully? I mean, do you have QE and can you game on the mac side? Oh, and wifi, wireless, ethernet work right?

Thanks,
iJet

esterost

esterost

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi!

Just want to thank everybody in here for all the help!!

Now I just get 6500 in geekbench my low score is "Integer:5277" "memory:4289" and "stream:4442", stream is probably because of my hdd it just 5400rpm but is there anything I can do to get a better result?

I only have 8gb mem.

I followed this guide and got an dsdt fil from maldon(thanks!) and havet done any changes so far, the system runs smoothly and I dont get that much kp when up and running the mostly comes when I boot. And I dont have any keyboard backlight, my trackpad is having its own life but thats the same in win7 also I don't know if CUDA is 100% open gl extension viewer works but I don't think its on in After Effects.

/esterost

Sasch

Sasch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hi Thank you for your Files.
I have a G74SX . But i can´t get Audio to work.
I think i have a ALC269 .
I have looked at kext.com. I have found modified voodoohda.kext but no works .

Can anyone Help ??

Sasch

Sasch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
With a older Voodoohda i have sound running but very instable. Somtimes during the boot Kernel Panic. Sometimes not. Any Solution ??

kind3rgarten

kind3rgarten

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
EVERYTHING works, except the stuff I mentioned in my post earlier.
Also about the sound not being loud enough, this is what I do. Download Audacity(http://audacity.sourceforge.net/). Open this while listening to something and the sound will adjust itself and get louder. How it does this and why it works, I do not know but it does. Also if you listen closely, the bass on the speakers isn't working, at least on mine.

So not working is:
HDMI (obviously)
Card reader (don't even try)
USB 3 (Not working for me, but I'm not worried about it.)
I am not sure it Turbo Core is working or not.
And I have had kernel panics on boot before, just restart.
I also still cannot get it to boot from the HDD, but I have it triple booted, so that may be why. Either way, it is not important to me, and neither are any of these other problems.

ONLY problem that bothers me even a bit is the inability to adjust the screen brightness through OS X.

And yes, you can definitely game, decreased performance though. I am not sure if this is because of the drivers for the video card (GTX 460m) or rather OpenGL on the Mac OS X side itself. I have a feeling it is the drivers because Minecraft is OpenGL no matter which OSit runs on and it runs slower on OS X. Steam also works, have played CSS, L4D2, TF2, PVK2, and Portal 2. I am even downloading Red Orchestra 2 at the moment.

Have fun with your new "mac", I know I do, especially in class. ;)

Also, my highest Geek bench score was 8174, but on average it is more around 7600-7900. I also have 12GB of ram and a second 750GB HDD.

BTW, does anyone know how an upgrade to 10.7.1 would go, its been released.

Sasch

Sasch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Now i have Sound stable working without Kernel Panic.
I have installed the newest Voodoohda from #####.
Than not boot. change the voodoohda.kext with this one from kexts.com
http://www.kexts.com...do=file&id=1283
This works for me
My Geekbench score ist 9800.
Is it possible to get Two Finger Scrolling working with the G74 ?? Under WIndows7 the Touchpad is so bad .

@kind3rgarten For Brightness you can try Keyboard Maestro. With my S6410 it works. Map increase and degrease Brightness to Keys.
With my G74 it not works

sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

No i have Sound stable working without Kernel Panic.
I have installed the newest Voodoohda from #####.
Than not boot. change the voodoohda.kext with this one from kexts.com
http://www.kexts.com...do=file&id=1283
This works for me
My Geekbench score ist 9800.
Is it possible to get Two Finger Scrolling working with the G74 ?? Under WIndows7 the Touchpad is so bad .

@kind3rgarten For Brightness you can try Keyboard Maestro. With my S6410 it works. Map increase and degrease Brightness to Keys.
With my G74 it not works

Wow thanks this made my sound louder and I have not had a KP since install good find!

kind3rgarten

kind3rgarten

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Do you guys notice a decreased video performance in OS X versus Windows?
I have also noticed that the video card is quite a bit hotter under OS X, can anyone else confirm this?

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:Sound and Graphic Design. Electronics in general.
Holy SH....T ,

Sasch great find. I have the G74SX and was getting random panics. Slow boots times, sluggish desktop. With that great find on the VoodooHDA panics gone. Boots faster runs smoother.

Can't believe the problems it caused without realizing it was the main cause. I mean many of the panics never really pointed to the Voodoo. But it obviously was the problem. I had to every other boot restart from the HAL100 Graphics driver panic, Alps touchpad panics, the list goes on but I believe all because of the VoodooHDA I got from the first post.

Jeffc2009 you may want to try this VoodooHDA that Sasch has linked.

Thanks

EDITED:

I bet the audio component section for HDMI in the VoodooHDA was causing issues because the HAL100 Driver would panic randomly and it no longer does so it must have something to do with that. Either way I honestly can say this is a HUGE relief.

I was about to pack it up and get a MacBook Pro so now I can wait until 2012 for the newest releases keeping my fingers crossed that they will bring back the NVidia graphics or at least have a choice for the consumer.

I had a sh...tload of friends fill out the feedback's on the Apple site throughout the year so I am being hopeful we will see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy