182 replies to this topic

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

@jeffc2009,

Spoke too soon I dunno why my scores where 6800 the other night but I tried it again with AICPUPM build 166 GM and my score is now 9688

I had noticed that the cpu throttles when it wants to, that's why I went back to 159! I also noticed that in msrdumper/console. Doesn't matter when or what you dump at the cpu, stepping was all over the place.

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
Does anyone know how to extract out only Atheros 9285 fix and create it's own .aml? Same for sleep/lid?

dfris

dfris

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hey Guys,

Here is what iv done to active fully working install,

I used Jeffs 2nd package, and then used the zip file from plourde, I installed everything from jeffs packages, but i used the dsdt file from plourdes file.

with his battery indicator fix as well.

All is working well, I'm getting a geek bench 64bit score of 9500 -9600 its a bit lower but i got backlit working so its worth it.

One question:

Is it possible to somehow to increase the volume in the voodoohda next. its got good volume but i think it could be a bit louder. Any ideas?

Thanks
Daryl

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:Sound and Graphic Design. Electronics in general.
@dfris,

Thats interesting. The DSDT file fixed both the battery indicator and Backlight using the FN key? If that is the case then MaLd0n should be able to modify our DSDT for those fixes. This is in no way outside of his knowledge and if it were possible to include this fix it would been done since Jeff had already asked him about this in MaLd0n's autopatcher thread from what I remember.

Can you attach this DSDT I wanted to have a look at the sections that fix those two areas. Thanks

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
AAPL, has embedded FN keys

use textwrangler to compare .dsl ;)

installed Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_67%2B.pkg instead of the RealtekRTL81xx.kext in your package (probably no difference)
WRONG. i could NOT wake up with RTL2.0.x . i use Lnx2mac driver now.

jakeythesnake

jakeythesnake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Jeff,

Can you point me in the direction of the specific file/fix that enables the keyboard backlight? I have a G73JH and would love to try it out.

westsdad

westsdad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

@westsdad,
I am seeing the same issue as Jeff around 6800 Geekbench score for me. Its the floating point score on the processor that is bringing my score down when I compare it to yours.

Maybe the GeForceGLDriver.bundle hex mod by Netkas is causing this or not, or is it the AICPUPM Speedstepper GM Speedstepper mod causing this? Are you using the Module Azimutz made for us? He said it would be in later builds not sure if it is yet or not?

Have you done the hex mod on the GL binary or just using the module Azimutz prepared with Cuda only?

Thanks

oSxFr33k,

I'm using the 2 byte hex mod on the GeForceGLDriver.bundle, addition of the vendor and device ID in NVDAGF100Hal.kext, and the cuda_devdriver_4.0.19_macos.

Used the Chameleon version and module from Azimutz and the cuda_devdriver_4.0.19_macos with the same results.

westsdad

(This is for the GTX 560M in the G74SX.)

You are getting those kid of scores because you are using geek bench 64 bit version. Unless you have higher core I7. I have tried to fix the card reader with no luck!

jeffc2009,

Good to know. Have the same core i7 as the G73SW. I spent a lot of time trying to get the card reader to work and never succeeded.

westsdad

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

AAPL, has embedded FN keys

use textwrangler to compare .dsl :)

installed Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_67%2B.pkg instead of the RealtekRTL81xx.kext in your package (probably no difference)
WRONG. i could NOT wake up with RTL2.0.x . i use Lnx2mac driver now.

I use DiffMerge love it.

I compared the two DSDT and they both have the exact same AAPL script.

Here are the differences:

HPET

Plourdes DSDT has IRQ 0,8,11,15
MaLd0ns DSDT has 0,8

The USB are named UHC in Plourdes

_OSI Darwin not fixed in Plourdes

Spurious differences of Returns throughout the DSDT returns zeros and returns ones

COncerned about these two differences:

Device (SBUS) added into Plourdes DSDT. Is this necessary?

Under EHCI device ID difference?

Jeffs id is 0x26 and Plourdes is 0x2D

Attached File  DSDT_Plourides.dsl.zip   42.2KB   37 downloads

Attached File  dsdt_Jeffc2009_G73_MalD0ns_Latest.dsl.zip   43.41KB   50 downloads

dfris

dfris

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

@dfris,

Thats interesting. The DSDT file fixed both the battery indicator and Backlight using the FN key? If that is the case then MaLd0n should be able to modify our DSDT for those fixes. This is in no way outside of his knowledge and if it were possible to include this fix it would been done since Jeff had already asked him about this in MaLd0n's autopatcher thread from what I remember.

Can you attach this DSDT I wanted to have a look at the sections that fix those two areas. Thanks

No, The dsdt fixed the backlit, working after a wake, the battery as well, with the help of voodoo battery.kext. Jeff dsdt would not work with voodoo battery.

So there is something to do with the dsdt files.

I agree, there is something different between the two, I actually PM maldon about this, but have not got a response, maybe you can contact him.

Here are both links to the files.

plourdes dsdt

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UGBVC1BF

Jeffs Package IM using:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1Z2I0ST2

again, i just installed all of jeffs packages, and just deleted his dsdt and used plourdes dsdt

LinearBurn

LinearBurn

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
here is a working battery meeter something worth adding I'm working on porting applehda for this series of notebook as voodohda is {censored} causes to many KP.

No, The dsdt fixed the backlit, working after a wake, the battery as well, with the help of voodoo battery.kext. Jeff dsdt would not work with voodoo battery.

So there is something to do with the dsdt files.

I agree, there is something different between the two, I actually PM maldon about this, but have not got a response, maybe you can contact him.

Here are both links to the files.

plourdes dsdt

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UGBVC1BF

Jeffs Package IM using:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1Z2I0ST2

again, i just installed all of jeffs packages, and just deleted his dsdt and used plourdes dsdt

Device (HPET)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0103"))
Name (_UID, Zero)
Name (BUF0, ResourceTemplate ()
{
IRQNoFlags ()
{0}
IRQNoFlags ()
{8}
IRQNoFlags ()
{11}
IRQNoFlags ()
{15}
Memory32Fixed (ReadWrite,
0xFED00000, // Address Base
0x00000400, // Address Length
_Y0F)

})

what does the bolded section do set max mem?

Attached Files

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
@jeffc2009,

Jeff was curious as to what change was made in IOAudioFamily.kext, something most likely in the Info.plist?

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

@jeffc2009,

Jeff was curious as to what change was made in IOAudioFamily.kext, something most likely in the Info.plist?

Nothing, check version #!

I had gone back to windows only without any os to get a good look at what resources is where. Check out what i found! Look at IRQ tree.

And here is windows 7 iasl extract of my .DSL.

dfris

dfris

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Jeff, Im on my cell phone, what have you found? lol

Nothing, check version #!

I had gone back to windows only without any os to get a good look at what resources is where. Check out what i found! Look at IRQ tree.

And here is windows 7 iasl extract of my .DSL.

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Jeff, Im on my cell phone, what have you found? lol

IRQ conflicts! Who wants to try this one out and let me know if it works. I don't have OS X anymore!

dfris

dfris

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
ill give it a try tonight, just not sure what to do with them. if you can explain to me what i need to do, ill give it it a try. youve done alot for us. so i would be glad to try this.

IRQ conflicts! Who wants to try this one out and let me know if it works. I don't have OS X anymore!

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
I'll give it a try to as soon as m work buys this Asus Laptop for me. I had to justify getting this particular one and was able to do so I returned the one I had.

Jeff are you going to have OSX on there again sometime?

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
Ok, I am back on OS X. I think I will be moving back to tonymac due to IPS errors.

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
anyone tried out my dsdt? It's been working for a day now without any problems for me.

westsdad

westsdad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

anyone tried out my dsdt? It's been working for a day now without any problems for me.

Jeff,

I tried it out on my G74SX-BBK7 and didn't have any issues. Sleep, shutdown, restart, etc. all worked. Back to my DSDT that MaLd0n made which I also have no issues with (that I'm aware of).

What kind of problems where you having with the previous DSDT? Were they conflicting IRQ's, and what were the symptoms?

westsdad

sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
I am using it I still get the occasional KP on boot and still no USB 3 without removing the battery before booting but works great

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy