G73SW/G74SW Lion GM Install

jeffc2009

183 posts in this topic

@jeffc2009,

Jeff was curious as to what change was made in IOAudioFamily.kext, something most likely in the Info.plist?

Nothing, check version #!

I had gone back to windows only without any os to get a good look at what resources is where. Check out what i found! Look at IRQ tree.

And here is windows 7 iasl extract of my .DSL.

Jeff, Im on my cell phone, what have you found? lol

Nothing, check version #!

I had gone back to windows only without any os to get a good look at what resources is where. Check out what i found! Look at IRQ tree.

And here is windows 7 iasl extract of my .DSL.

ill give it a try tonight, just not sure what to do with them. if you can explain to me what i need to do, ill give it it a try. youve done alot for us. so i would be glad to try this.

IRQ conflicts! Who wants to try this one out and let me know if it works. I don't have OS X anymore!

I'll give it a try to as soon as m work buys this Asus Laptop for me. I had to justify getting this particular one and was able to do so I returned the one I had.

Jeff are you going to have OSX on there again sometime?

anyone tried out my dsdt? It's been working for a day now without any problems for me.

Jeff,

I tried it out on my G74SX-BBK7 and didn't have any issues. Sleep, shutdown, restart, etc. all worked. Back to my DSDT that MaLd0n made which I also have no issues with (that I'm aware of).

What kind of problems where you having with the previous DSDT? Were they conflicting IRQ's, and what were the symptoms?

westsdad

As MaLd0n said its not a good idea to use a DSDT from another person identical PC unless you know you have the same motherboard revision, bios, memory, location of the memory and the rest of the devices are the same such as the graphics card. There are always slight differences in the same base model motherboard but with hardware revisions as some of us have observed for example in Gigabyte desktop motherboards.

Some of you who have had kernel panics may want to try the auto patcher by MaLd0n. Just supply him a vanilla (unpatched) DSDT or run his "run_me" from his thread. Read his thread, you cannot run this unless you boot without dsdt override using something like [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or a linux live cd and getting your dsdt that way.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1571259

After he prepares one, you could use an open source application such as diffmerge a gui application based from the command line diff to verify if there are differences or not!!

After you test it and everything is working he eventually adds it to his auto patcher application.

what problem?

USB?

MaLOn, I had redid my install. It's not your patch, my usb was not working with PXHCD. But for some reason the cache system on Lion was messing with me. I found this combination of kexts work best with usb while starting. I need to find another PXHCD that works with LION.

MaLOn, I had redid my install. It's not your patch, my usb was not working with PXHCD. But for some reason the cache system on Lion was messing with me. I found this combination of kexts work best with usb while starting. I need to find another PXHCD that works with LION.

These drivers have caused problems for many users

Hello,

I'm new here to posting but bear with me.

I first want to thank Jeff for his guide and provided files, THANKS!

I also want to thank Plourde for his guide on Tonymac, that is what got me into this community again, THANKS!

Most of all I think worth thanking though is MaLdOn, THANKS!

Anyways, I now have OS X Lion, Ubuntu 64-bit, and Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my G73SW, but there a couple problems with OSX that I am having. I am not having the usual problems(wifi, sound, acceleration, sleep), I have all that working, and am willing to help others if needed. :wallbash: I pretty much have everything working except for SD card reader, dont use it anyways, USB 3.0, more trouble than its worth, and booting from the hdd. Now, if anyone can help me with booting from the hdd that would be great, because I install Chameleon, the one provided, then add the partition in EasyBCD, and when I select Mac OS X Lion through Chameleon, it just restarts the computer. My only other problem is with the audio input. When I record audio, there seems to be a crackling noise that comes along with it, which totally ruins any audio recording, movie making, screen capturing superiority that OS X may offer. So what I want to ask is, can anyone help me? I will try to help others with things I know about. I also wanted to know, can you guys adjust your brightness, I cant. It bugs me, but I just use a program called "Brightness Control"- http://www.splasm.com/products/productbrightness.html. I would also like some input on your battery estimations' from OS X and if it worked out of the box.

Thanks.

P.S.- I have uploaded an audio file, made in audacity, of the crackling effect that is produced, please take a look/listen.

crackilng_noise.wav

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

I'm new here to posting but bear with me.

I first want to thank Jeff for his guide and provided files, THANKS!

I also want to thank Plourde for his guide on Tonymac, that is what got me into this community again, THANKS!

Most of all I think worth thanking though is MaLdOn, THANKS!

Anyways, I now have OS X Lion, Ubuntu 64-bit, and Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my G73SW, but there a couple problems with OSX that I am having. I am not having the usual problems(wifi, sound, acceleration, sleep), I have all that working, and am willing to help others if needed. :) I pretty much have everything working except for SD card reader, dont use it anyways, USB 3.0, more trouble than its worth, and booting from the hdd. Now, if anyone can help me with booting from the hdd that would be great, because I install Chameleon, the one provided, then add the partition in EasyBCD, and when I select Mac OS X Lion through Chameleon, it just restarts the computer. My only other problem is with the audio input. When I record audio, there seems to be a crackling noise that comes along with it, which totally ruins any audio recording, movie making, screen capturing superiority that OS X may offer. So what I want to ask is, can anyone help me? I will try to help others with things I know about. I also wanted to know, can you guys adjust your brightness, I cant. It bugs me, but I just use a program called "Brightness Control"- http://www.splasm.com/products/productbrightness.html. I would also like some input on your battery estimations' from OS X and if it worked out of the box.

Thanks.

P.S.- I have uploaded an audio file, made in audacity, of the crackling effect that is produced, please take a look/listen.

Sorry I do not have a solution to your problem but I wanted to ask what things are working on the g73sw (I mean the full list)? Should I get it? I was thinking of getting it to see how it works with lion but wanted to ask those already having one...

Thanks,

iJet

Well,

I would get the Laptop if you are looking for a cheaper Mac experience. I have the G734 bought from Best Buy, and its great, I have mac on one drive and win 7 on the other.

My mac OSX LION is great, there is a few issuses that i have ran into, and ill list them for you.

1. Sometimes it gives a Kernel Panic on bootup. just have to keep rebooting and using boot flag -f, but then it boots fine, I think its the Voodoohda causing this.

2. You can only use the backlite keys after a sleep, you can not adjust it, like you can in windows.

3. The SD card reader will not work, many have tried to make this work.

4. Sound is not as loud as the windows side. Its loud and usable, but its about 75% of the windows side.

5. HDMI, may or maynot work,

6. USB3 works, but it can leave as well, have to take the battery out to get it back.

So there is the issues iv found with Mac OSX LION. It will be up to you to decide if you can live with those non or simi working features. As for me, I can, and i love my Hackintosh, and for the price, i love it even more. I have a few apps that i have to have windows for, So for me, it doesnt make since to buy a $2700 mac, and load windows on it, for my main programs, when i bought a $1200 laptop and loaded mac on it.

Hope this helps ya

Well,

I would get the Laptop if you are looking for a cheaper Mac experience. I have the G734 bought from Best Buy, and its great, I have mac on one drive and win 7 on the other.

My mac OSX LION is great, there is a few issuses that i have ran into, and ill list them for you.

1. Sometimes it gives a Kernel Panic on bootup. just have to keep rebooting and using boot flag -f, but then it boots fine, I think its the Voodoohda causing this.

2. You can only use the backlite keys after a sleep, you can not adjust it, like you can in windows.

3. The SD card reader will not work, many have tried to make this work.

4. Sound is not as loud as the windows side. Its loud and usable, but its about 75% of the windows side.

5. HDMI, may or maynot work,

6. USB3 works, but it can leave as well, have to take the battery out to get it back.

So there is the issues iv found with Mac OSX LION. It will be up to you to decide if you can live with those non or simi working features. As for me, I can, and i love my Hackintosh, and for the price, i love it even more. I have a few apps that i have to have windows for, So for me, it doesnt make since to buy a $2700 mac, and load windows on it, for my main programs, when i bought a $1200 laptop and loaded mac on it.

Hope this helps ya

Thanks for replying. Also, do the graphics work fully? I mean, do you have QE and can you game on the mac side? Oh, and wifi, wireless, ethernet work right?

Thanks,

iJet

Hi!

Just want to thank everybody in here for all the help!!

Now I just get 6500 in geekbench my low score is "Integer:5277" "memory:4289" and "stream:4442", stream is probably because of my hdd it just 5400rpm but is there anything I can do to get a better result?

I only have 8gb mem.

I followed this guide and got an dsdt fil from maldon(thanks!) and havet done any changes so far, the system runs smoothly and I dont get that much kp when up and running the mostly comes when I boot. And I dont have any keyboard backlight, my trackpad is having its own life but thats the same in win7 also I don't know if CUDA is 100% open gl extension viewer works but I don't think its on in After Effects.

/esterost

Hi Thank you for your Files.

I have a G74SX . But i can´t get Audio to work.

I think i have a ALC269 .

I have looked at kext.com. I have found modified voodoohda.kext but no works .

Can anyone Help ??