12 replies to this topic

stirkac

stirkac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Guys please give me any clue what am i doing wrong here:

i installed GM yesterday and i copied rtl8139 kext and some other from my previous install(DP4). rtl8139.kext loads and gets address, but right after IOUserEthernet.kext fails. console reports error 0xdc008016 (libkern/kext link error) and some messages make shure it is built against correct headers. of course no internet connection afterwards..
i did not change anything about that kext, it seems to be failing on its own! :) :wacko:

any help would be much appreciated

i'm no newb, i've ran hackintosh since leopard.

Current HW: ga-p35-d3sl, Q9300, 9600gt

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
I have an RTL8169 card and all I did is copied "AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext" from SL 10.6.8 /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/ to Lion's /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/ and it's working perfectly (of course I repaired the permissions and owners). You could try to copy plugins from SL's IONetworkingFamily.kext to see what happens.

stirkac

stirkac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

I have an RTL8169 card and all I did is copied "AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext" from SL 10.6.8 /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/ to Lion's /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/ and it's working perfectly (of course I repaired the permissions and owners). You could try to copy plugins from SL's IONetworkingFamily.kext to see what happens.

mind sharing SL kext because i got rid of it at Lion DP1? :) thanks :wacko:

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
Here you go:
Attached File  IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip   1.05MB   937 downloads
(SL 10.6.8 whole IONetworkingFamily.kext zipped, use just the required plugin from it)

stirkac

stirkac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Here you go:
(SL 10.6.8 whole IONetworkingFamily.kext zipped, use just the required plugin from it)

thanks soo much :)

stirkac

stirkac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
now it says: unabe to load kext com.apple.RTL..jabjabjab... requested version 9.9 ... :)

nexus77777

nexus77777

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

now it says: unabe to load kext com.apple.RTL..jabjabjab... requested version 9.9 ... :(

did you repair permissions and rebuild cache ???

Try replacing the whole IONetworking....plugin version differs from system....

kup

kup

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Here you go:

Massive thanks, this saves me reinstalling 10.6.8 just to get that one kext.. lol :D

stirkac

stirkac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

did you repair permissions and rebuild cache ???

Try replacing the whole IONetworking....plugin version differs from system....

i install all my kext with kext wizard, i did it by pulling vanilla IO from S/L/E to desktop, adding new kext, and installed.

i certainly will, thanks to every single suggestion. that networking is only thing preventing me from using GM daily. even power collapse now works like it should(i used to get long shotdown time)

best regards

takeawaydave

takeawaydave

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Thanks seems to have worked and got my GA311 back. But lost my Linksys Wifi Card.

Gaz H

Gaz H

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Just wanted to say thanks as this also worked on my Asus Sabertooth X58 which has a Realtek 8110 NIC - looking in the info.plist it does say 8169/8110 which is why I didn't spot the file sooner...

I had to add the interface again from System Prefs, worth checking if anybody else has problems.

Mustang Sally

Mustang Sally

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
i never had any problems with my 8169 using the mac drivers from the realek site on my lion install

stirkac

stirkac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

i never had any problems with my 8169 using the mac drivers from the realek site on my lion install

mind sharing direct link or site? i just found some very old(and probably PPC) kexts on rtl site.

thanks!

i got it working half way by ruining vanilla S/L/E and copying all network associated kexts from DP4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy