Lion GM, no ethernet

stirkac

13 posts in this topic

Guys please give me any clue what am i doing wrong here:

i installed GM yesterday and i copied rtl8139 kext and some other from my previous install(DP4). rtl8139.kext loads and gets address, but right after IOUserEthernet.kext fails. console reports error 0xdc008016 (libkern/kext link error) and some messages make shure it is built against correct headers. of course no internet connection afterwards..

i did not change anything about that kext, it seems to be failing on its own! :):wacko:

any help would be much appreciated

i'm no newb, i've ran hackintosh since leopard.

Current HW: ga-p35-d3sl, Q9300, 9600gt

I have an RTL8169 card and all I did is copied "AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext" from SL 10.6.8 /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/ to Lion's /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/ and it's working perfectly (of course I repaired the permissions and owners). You could try to copy plugins from SL's IONetworkingFamily.kext to see what happens.

I have an RTL8169 card and all I did is copied "AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext" from SL 10.6.8 /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/ to Lion's /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/ and it's working perfectly (of course I repaired the permissions and owners). You could try to copy plugins from SL's IONetworkingFamily.kext to see what happens.

mind sharing SL kext because i got rid of it at Lion DP1? :) thanks :wacko:

did you repair permissions and rebuild cache ???

Try replacing the whole IONetworking....plugin version differs from system....

i install all my kext with kext wizard, i did it by pulling vanilla IO from S/L/E to desktop, adding new kext, and installed.

i certainly will, thanks to every single suggestion. that networking is only thing preventing me from using GM daily. even power collapse now works like it should(i used to get long shotdown time)

best regards

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks as this also worked on my Asus Sabertooth X58 which has a Realtek 8110 NIC - looking in the info.plist it does say 8169/8110 which is why I didn't spot the file sooner...

I had to add the interface again from System Prefs, worth checking if anybody else has problems.

i never had any problems with my 8169 using the mac drivers from the realek site on my lion install

mind sharing direct link or site? i just found some very old(and probably PPC) kexts on rtl site.

thanks!

i got it working half way by ruining vanilla S/L/E and copying all network associated kexts from DP4