Fixed no kext load issue

nmano

157 posts in this topic

I added few printf's inside Chameleon autoResolution trunk (edid part) and I definitelly get 1366x768 from EDID which is maximal resolution of my monitor. I also added recognition of my chipset (Intel HM55) without which no bios unlocking (and later patching) can be done. I am currently investigating why resolution 1366x768 is not patched in vbios.....

I know that this will not get us QE/CI but it is a good step forward for native resolution :

i've just modified Chimera source code to bypass VESA detection :

downloaded source w/ terminal :

svn co http://forge.voodooprojects.org/svn/chamel...anches/Chimera/

modified /i386/boot2/graphics.c (see the picture)

compiled chimera and copied it on a usb key

booted up from the usb key

=> native resolution on OSX (1366x768) but messed up screen...

does anyone know what i need to change in this code to get proper timing w/ that resolution ?

post-333632-1311008574_thumb.png

• Like 1

=> native resolution on OSX (1366x768) but messed up screen...

does anyone know what i need to change in this code to get proper timing w/ that resolution ?

Can you please share how your vbios looks like after patching? (if chimera trunk does vbios patching)

bootArgs->Video.v_display = GRAPHICS_MODE;

bootArgs->Video.v_width = 1366; // minfo.XResolution;

bootArgs->Video.v_height = 768; // minfo.YResolution;

bootArgs->Video.v_depth = 32; // minfo.BitsPerPixel;

bootArgs->Video.v_rowBytes = 5464; // minfo.BytesPerScanline;

bootArgs->Video.v_baseAddr = VBEMakeUInt32(minfo.PhysBasePtr);

There's a timing issue...

yes could be...can we add the right timing in the override display trick?

something to add here??

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>DisplayProductID</key>

<integer>1815</integer>

<key>DisplayProductName</key>

<string>Internal LCD Forced EDID</string>

<key>DisplayVendorID</key>

<integer>1970170734</integer>

<key>IODisplayEDID</key>

<data>

AP///////wAGEF+cAAAAAAgRAQOAIRV4CunVmVlTjigmUFQAAAABAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEB

AQEB3iGgcFCEHzAgIFYAS88QAAAYAAAADwAGECAKCgoKCgoKCgoKAAAA/gBLUzUxNQAx

NTRXUDEKAAAA/gBDb2xvciBMQ0QKCgoKAI8=

</data>

</dict>

</plist>

from this sticky topic

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=208410

Forget about modding chimera,

As some of us, i have been able to boot w/ all kext loaded WITH QE/CI through a vnc connection so no more chimera modding, it's a waste of time.

We all now have to find how to get the internal display to be recognized.

BTW, i tried to install Lion, no luck : KP launching the install...

(same error w/ SL, the only way i got SL installed is w/ nawcom USB mod, i have to found out why cause not working w/ Lion)

Hope we're not too far away from Lion w/ QE/CI on Intel hd only laptop...

Thinking the same..and I tried last week with snow kext....but now I want to try to load the lion kexts and see if they work in snow...as with snow intelfb.kext I didn't get any usable value...to work on it..so may be if lion kext works in snow (and if i remember well they should )...I will try to edit the framebuffer connector as explained in the link you sent

also the intel video bios will be helpful and I cannot extract in a easy way in my laptop as integrated in hp main bios...yesterday night I was able to extract the single bios modules...now I have to find wich one matchs intel vidoe bios with an hex editor..it will take some time...

has anyone a intel video bios already extracted?

I was thinking the same..and I tried last week with snow kext....but now I want to try to load the lion kexts and see if they work in snow...as with snow intelfb.kext I didn't get any usable value...to work on it..so may be if lion kext works in snow (and if i remember well they should )...I will try to edit the framebuffer connector as explained in the link you sent

also the intel video bios will be helpful and I cannot extract in a easy way in my laptop as integrated in hp main bios...yesterday night I was able to extract the single bios modules...now I have to find wich one matchs intel vidoe bios with an hex editor..it will take some time...

has anyone a intel video bios already extracted?

clearly this is the solution..... the thing is we dont know wht value we must edit in the binary data :P..

tried with lion kext...but AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext is different from the one used in the post for hd3000 (it uses the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB)...and I cannot extract the PlatformInformationList table....I suppose kext is different and it doesn't have any platforminformation list on it...

and i'm not so smart to find it..

No such thing as _PlatformInformationList in AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext. Look:

[xx]/tmp/aa > nm AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB| grep _PlatformInformationList

[xx]/tmp/aa > [xx]/tmp/aa > nm AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB| grep _PlatformInformationList 0000000000029600 D _PlatformInformationList

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext relies on AAPL,os-info to select default output:

[xx]/tmp/aa > nm AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB| grep osinfo

0000000000012640 D _osinfoList

AAPL,os-info can be set in DSDT or EFI string.

BR,

Oki

manor thanks for your work...but for me it seems not work..

AppleGraphicsPowerMan --> No QE/CI

Your other methods --> 1024x768

Info.plist about Fermi --> ? I did not understand ?

So man, You could make a summary of how to have the correct resolution? Maybe many of us do not understand

Thanks

I am still trying no good news but look info.plist they add device id 0046MacBookPro6,1/6.2 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...4&start=100

Hi

I tried your method, but I can't load Geforce kext without error :D What can I do to load it?

Can you post a screenshot how can you get working QE ? Thanks.

My CPU: Core i3 330M

Chipset: HM55

Jul 27 17:15:23 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: NVDAGF100HAL loaded and registered.

Jul 27 17:15:35 Tothpetis-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: NVDA,Display-B: Not usable

Errors:

Jul 27 17:15:20 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.GeForce - library kext com.apple.NVDAResman not found.

Jul 27 17:15:20 localhost kernel[0]: Can't load kext com.apple.GeForce - failed to resolve library dependencies.

Jul 27 17:15:20 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.GeForce failed to load (0xdc00800e).

Jul 27 17:15:20 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.GeForce (error 0xdc00800e).

Jul 27 17:15:20 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "NVKernel"

Here is my screenshots:

Untitled.tiff

Untitled1.tiff

Untitled2.tiff

Untitled3.tiff