10.5.7 installed, NO trackpad/touchpad

klerg

5 posts in this topic

I have a Dell Vostro A860 laptop, and installed iDeneb 1.5.1 v10.5.7 on a single HD w/ Vista dual-boot. For installation, I did NOT chose 'customize' and left the default options. Only the keyboard works, trackpad will NOT even move, neither buttons do anything either. Afterward, i went back into iDeneb setup, and in "customize" chose to install "VoodooPS2 Trackpad" Unfortunately, that did nothing for the trackpad. USB mouse does work, but i'd like to fix the touchpad. What else can i try? Why is touchpad not working anyhow? If any more info is needed, i'll do my best to get it. Some help would be great.

Thanks

im not sure about other versions of installs, (i used ipc 10.5) but after the successful install i popped the dvd install disc back in and installed all of the ps2 fixes and patches. That solved all keyboard and trackpad problems for me.

I installed the PS2 fix, but it did NOTHING for trackpad, again only keyboard works. I even installed PS2 Fix + VoodooPS2 Trackpad, but that did NOT change a thing. I'm guessing the problem could be due to the fact that on boot-up it goes to a blue, and then black screen for 15-20 minutes or until it sleeps. If i press Fn+F1, that forces it to sleep sooner, and it boots faster. Any other suggestions would be great.

• 1 month later...
I installed the PS2 fix, but it did NOTHING for trackpad, again only keyboard works. I even installed PS2 Fix + VoodooPS2 Trackpad, but that did NOT change a thing. I'm guessing the problem could be due to the fact that on boot-up it goes to a blue, and then black screen for 15-20 minutes or until it sleeps. If i press Fn+F1, that forces it to sleep sooner, and it boots faster. Any other suggestions would be great.

Voodoo is junk.. didnt work for me..

I installed ApplePS2Controller.kext and it worked perfectly.