ATI HD 5750 QE IN LION

jeffdat

4 posts in this topic

upgraded to lion GM but the QE in my beloved ATI HD5750 is not working, can any one help me with the right kexts? all the resolutions are working fine in both HDMI and DVI, Just need the QE to work help pls.

SOLVED!!!!!!!!

All i did after few research is to add the VI and the DI into the info plist of the existing ATI kext in the SLE, in my case it was the ATI 5000 kext and the 3000 kext, and now i've got everything working perfect and even much faster than snow.

you don't need any extra kext, everything you need is in the SLE.

HAAAPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

upgraded to lion GM but the QE in my beloved ATI HD5750 is not working, can any one help me with the right kexts? all the resolutions are working fine in both HDMI and DVI, Just need the QE to work help pls.

same Problem for HD4650mobility ( 9480 ) in LION GM. 1366x768 and modeswitches works, I modded my kexts like I always do in SL ( which works fully QE/CI enabled at 32 and 64bit )

My Lion Experiment yesterday : everything working except acceleration , although the card was correctly identified as ATI4600 series with 1GB :

Kexts loaded ( 32 and 64bit, Lion GM, ATI versions 7.2.9 from Lion GM ) :

ATI4600controller.kext, Atisupport.kext, AtiRadeonX2000,kext Atiframebuffer.kext

It seems that the ATIradeonX... bundle and plugins are no longer there. Only those 4 kexts. Is there something ATI people need to take care of ? Some generic bundle/ kext which deals with all the renderers ?

I tried after hours to use the kexts from 10.6.8 ( with bundles and plugins ) and Lion took them, booted and showed them loaded. But also no 3D working. ( the same kexts in SL work ).

I use SHRIKE framebuffer and Chameleon trunk with Ati patches, boots SL and Lion. SL = QE/CI, Lion = none. very choppy to use in that mode. Until a solution I reverted back to SL. I need iMovie,FCX and Aperture.. both require acceleration.

Sidenote which 3rd party kexts I use ( SL and LION ) :

VoodooHDA,ApplePS2,NullCPU,fakesmc,ElliotforcelegacyRTC,AHCIportinjector , RTUSB wireless , Realtek R1xxx for LAN. All other kexts totally unmodified- only device ID of 4650 in ATI, and a patched 4600controller binary to have LVDS screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Got this baby working with QE/CI in Lion.

1. Added 0x68BE1002 to the info.plist in ATI5000Controller.kext and ATIX3000.kext

2. Installed Chameleon 2.0 RC5 VS 1200

3. Added ATIConfig=Uakari and GraphicsEnabler=Yes to chameleon boot.plist in /Extra/

That's it! :)

• 1 month later...