ULTIMATIVE wakeup the Lion from sleep topic

longtom

75 posts in this topic

So, this is the topic for getting the lion wake up from sleep!

Please reply with your Mobo, BIOS version and which DSDT (source where you have your DSDT) and if wakeup works!

Mine: Gigabyte Z68X-UD4-B3 Bios F7 with Autopatcher -> Sleep doesn't work properly, CMOS patch applied!

Everyone with wake problems please check this:

EP45-UD3LR. CMOS patch applied.

If I wake my computer with the power button (or WoL?), Lion will wake with the monitor turned off.

So if I touch the keyboard or mouse afterward waking it, the screen will turn on and the system will stay awake. Great.

BUT if I do not touch the keyboard or mouse, the screen will stay turned off, and after a few seconds the system will reenter sleep.

--

This lead me to believe that my sleep wasn't working, when it actually is (I *MUST* touch the keyboard or mouse after waking it). I figured this out by coincidence.

--

So it seems like sleep is working and wake is working, but the behavior seems quite weird. Why does the system go to sleep again if I do not touch the keyboard or mouse within 5 sec of waking it? And why doesn't the monitor turn on?

So you guys who are having trouble with wake, can you check if this is actually what is going on with your system?

Here is the Console output:

Power button wake attempt:

7/6/11 7:30:45.000 PM kernel: Wake reason: ?

7/6/11 7:30:45.000 PM kernel: Previous Sleep Cause: 0

7/6/11 7:30:48.000 PM kernel: Graphics suppressed 3037 ms

7/6/11 7:30:53.000 PM kernel: FakeSMC: key info not found CLWK, length - 6

Power button wake attempt:

7/6/11 7:30:57.000 PM kernel: Wake reason: ?

7/6/11 7:30:57.000 PM kernel: Previous Sleep Cause: 0

7/6/11 7:31:00.000 PM kernel: Graphics suppressed 3376 ms

7/6/11 7:31:05.000 PM kernel: FakeSMC: key info not found CLWK, length - 6

Power button wake attempt, with keyboard pressed after powerbutton:

7/6/11 7:31:09.000 PM kernel: Wake reason: ?

7/6/11 7:31:09.000 PM kernel: Previous Sleep Cause: 0

7/6/11 7:31:12.000 PM kernel: HID tickle 2786 ms

Asus P7P55D

BIOS 2003

DSDT created from DSDT Auto-patcher

Sleep and wake from sleep works now that I have patched AppleRTC. Hopefully a pure DSDT solution comes around, but for now this works fine.

• Like 1

yes, exactly!

It seems like there are multiple users having this problem, including rayap:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1709675

Obviously something is wrong, and might need a DSDT fix. What I can't figure out is what these systems have in common (except for the fact that we all use Gigabyte boards).

I think we need some DSDT wizard on board on this.

My sytem is Asus p6X58d-e with I7-960. The sleep and wakes up is working okay with Lion DP4 and AppleRTC patch. When I upgraded to GM, the sleep does not automatically work anymore. If I set it to sleep manually, it works but when using the energy saving mode the system does not sleep and goes to S1 mode. Using Nvidia gtx470 by the way.

Everyone with wake problems please check this:

EP45-UD3LR. CMOS patch applied.

If I wake my computer with the power button (or WoL?), Lion will wake with the monitor turned off.

So if I touch the keyboard or mouse afterward waking it, the screen will turn on and the system will stay awake. Great.

BUT if I do not touch the keyboard or mouse, the screen will stay turned off, and after a few seconds the system will reenter sleep.

--

This lead me to believe that my sleep wasn't working, when it actually is (I *MUST* touch the keyboard or mouse after waking it). I figured this out by coincidence.

--

So it seems like sleep is working and wake is working, but the behavior seems quite weird. Why does the system go to sleep again if I do not touch the keyboard or mouse within 5 sec of waking it? And why doesn't the monitor turn on?

So you guys who are having trouble with wake, can you check if this is actually what is going on with your system?

I have the same issue with my X58 board!

So, my workaround till now.

My Firewire TV card changed to an Elgato USB Hybrid version.

Then USB keyboard connected via hub.

In system settings, energy, Standard + restart after power failure.

To wake up i press the keyboard and after several seconds i click the mouse, screen wakres up, everything works.

Anyway, waiting for a final solution to get firewire and Screen working normally.

So, my workaround till now.

My Firewire TV card changed to an Elgato USB Hybrid version.

Then USB keyboard connected via hub.

In system settings, energy, Standard + restart after power failure.

To wake up i press the keyboard and after several seconds i click the mouse, screen wakres up, everything works.

Anyway, waiting for a final solution to get firewire and Screen working normally.

Just want to say that I'm experiencing the same thing, driving me progressively more nuts. Tried both the realtek driver and the lnx2mac driver, same deal :)

What's worse is that my apple keyboard has to be unplugged and replugged to work back.

@jedi_shaman

if u using z68:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=260645#

solve the apple Keyboard problem for me. But still have to use mouse or keyboard wake the system.

@jedi_shaman

if u using z68:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=260645#

solve the apple Keyboard problem for me. But still have to use mouse or keyboard wake the system.

Nice that there is progress, which post are you referring to though? Iĺl edit the dsdt but would like to know where to start and what to patch to try this out.

thx!

i have an odd issue anytime i resume from Sleep my ethernet cannot connect it shows that its connected but anything requireing network fails I m running ASUS P5LP-LE (Leonite) 1.8 C2Duo 4 gb ddr 2 ram Geforce 9500 gt 1gb intell pro 100/ve any ideas?

i have an odd issue anytime i resume from Sleep my ethernet cannot connect it shows that its connected but anything requireing network fails I m running ASUS P5LP-LE (Leonite) 1.8 C2Duo 4 gb ddr 2 ram Geforce 9500 gt 1gb intell pro 100/ve any ideas?

Try DHCP if you are on static config.