Basic Questions about Re-Installing OSX on a ASUSp6tn

1 post in this topic

Hello All, I'm new to the forums... I'm experiencing problems with my hackintosh, a machine that i was lucky enough to inherit from an old user of this forum... The machine is used primarily for audio production and has been ROCK SOLID and a pleasure to use for the last year....,

Im now experiencing one major problem with Logic crashing....after troubleshooting the issue, it seems that something has gone corrupt somewhere.... so i want to do a fresh install of osx/experiment with restoring from time machine backup.... this leads me to a bunch of basic questions....

again, I'm new to the hackintosh scene, also novice with osx so bare with me...

What Kext's and plist's should i back up before tinkering with reinstalls and restores from time machine ??

How do i reinstall osx and update it to the state in which it's at currently.... ????

My system was perfect for the last year, i kept it offline to avoid any changes... I just want to pickup where i left off, after a fresh install of osx and logic. I dont care about newer bootloaders, update packages etc as the machine ran the way i wanted for the past year!!

My Specs are AsusP6TN mobo with corei7 overclocked to 3.6 ghz per core.

Snow Leopard 10.6.3 - Chameleon boot loader (unsure of version)/

Dual booting Win 7x64 - FYI - I DO have a boot disk to install osx for my particular machine....

I have everything needed to do a fresh install, just lacking the knowledge of what files etc to backup and restore to the current state... please help, sorry if I sound all over the place, my life is in shambles without logic and my hackintosh!!